Job Title: Fresher Education Officer – NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Imvepi Refugee Settlement – Terego district and Arua City
Reports to: Education Coordinator
Supervision of: Education Technical Assistants
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Generic Roles and responsibilities
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Monitor and report on the assigned project activities and ensure compliance with implementation plans and NRC standards
- Work with the key education stakeholders in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the project activities
- Ensure accurate distribution and monitor the use of school materials supplied under the assigned project
- Provide support supervision to teachers and lead teachers in their work
- Report all protection related concerns raised during the project implementation period
- Support accurate data collection as required by the project design tools (Results Framework)
- Prepare/ review field activity implementation reports ensuring their accuracy and precision
- Provide on-site support supervision and feedback to ALP teachers, lead teachers and head teachers.
- Ensure community participation, contribution and ownership in the ALP program and the catch up approaches to lost learning.
- Mentor project staff under your supervision for improved performance.
- Conduct home visits to ALP learners and take part in discussing issues that may affect their achievement of learning outcomes.
- Liaise with community leaders to ensure that out of schoolchildren benefit from ALP interventions and lost learning catchup programs.
- Identify community concerns that hinder the enrolment, retention and completion of children, and recommend measures to address them.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on activities conducted under the assigned project
- Monitor regularly all the ALP centers/schools under the assigned project
- Assist in updating ALP learners’, and teachers’ database.
- Participate in relevant meetings including coordination meetings with other education partners at field level as may be guided by the line manager
- Performing any other duties assigned by the line manager
Desired professional competencies, knowledge and behavioural skills
- Experience from working with education projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- Knowledge of the local context and education systems in Uganda
- Knowledge of the school/ MoES catch up approaches to lost learning due to covid- 19 school closure.
- Ability to work harmoniously with other staff, stakeholders, refugees and host communities.
- Bachelor in Education
- Registered with Ministry of Education and Sports and in possession of Registration Certificate
- Teaching experience of five years and above.
Behavioural competencies (max 6)
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.