Job Title: Fresher LFS Technical Assistant – NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Terego (Imvepi) and Madiokol (Rhino Camp)
Reports to: LFS Officer
Supervision of: Community Based Persons
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
The purpose of the LFS technical Assistant position is to provide technical support to LFS Technical Officer in delivering project outputs and support monitoring performance of project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Generic Responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the LFS portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Mobilization of community and identification of target beneficiaries with support of Technical Officer and Coordinator
- Conduct technical training to groups, individual as per training modules
- Support community Contact person in extension services
- Conduct sensitization on GAP and SAP as per design.
- Collect information for reporting and documentation of best practices.
- Project planning: LFS Coordinator and LFS Technical Officer
- Staff capacity building: LFS Coordinator, LFS Technical Officer, HR Development Officer
- Implementation: LFS Technical Officer
Minimum Qualifications for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as LFS Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of FFS
- Knowledge of VSLA
- Knowledge of IGA
2. Behavioural competencies (max 6)
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.