Job Title: Communications Intern (CRAFT Project) – SNV Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: SNV Uganda
Job Location: Fort Portal, Uganda
SNV Uganda Profile:
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management. For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org
Background of the Project.
SNV is managing the Climate Smart Agriculture for Tomorrow (CRAFT) project. CRAFT is a 5-year, €36 million project being implemented in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. The CRAFT project is implemented by a consortium consisting of SNV, Wageningen University & Research (WUR), the CGIAR research programme on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS), Agriterra and Rabobank and is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DGIS).
The project uses an inclusive Business Development approach to support the international and Dutch efforts on climate change and sustainable production in arable farming. The programme works with and through the private sector and supports public sector partners in creating an institutional environment for wide-scale adoption of CSA-practices. The interventions are centred on business cases which are derived from a thorough climate risk assessment and financial analysis of value chains in pulses, potatoes, oil seeds and grains.
Working with and through the private sector, CRAFT uses a facilitative approach to implement solutions that integrate improvements in food security with climate adaptation and mitigation of food crop production and supply systems. This, together with leveraged investment in interventions that promote market-driven adoption and scaling of inclusive climate-smart business developments enhances climate resilience along the selected agricultural value chain to increase productive capacity and incomes of Agribusinesses and smallholder farmers. CRAFT, under its Climate Innovations and Investment facility (CIIF), uses grants as an important tool used to achieve its goals.
Goal: To contribute to increased availability of accessible and climate-resilient food for the growing population in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
The strategic objectives include:
- Increase the income for smallholder farmers and Small and Medium Enterprise (SMEs).
- Increase business performance for agribusiness SMEs and Cooperatives due to climate related investments.
- Improve the enabling environment favorable for large scale roll out of Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support identification and documentation processes in the countries, especially Uganda.
- Design, produce and edit content and storylines for visual, audio, and social media.
- Undertake field visits and participate in planning, writing, and managing information updates, activity briefs, and other information products (media content – photos and stories) for partners, and stakeholders as requested.
- Participating in media monitoring and sourcing for impact story tips for partner activities
- Assist with reporting of learning events
- Support in maintaining and updating the CRAFT social media sites and or write copy of posts
- Assisting in the production of press releases, and promotional materials.
- Editorial support
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Part of team to plan and deliver communication campaigns and high-profile events i.e., national, and international conferences, seminars, and workshops aimed at boosting the visibility of CRAFT project, and increasing engagement with partners and stakeholders
- Track, research and analyze information on assigned topics/issues, gather information from diverse sources and help to assess news value and other potential impact, as well as to evaluate the effectiveness of information campaigns.
- General administrative and communications support as assigned
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
Minimum Qualifications for SNV Uganda Jobs 2021:
- A university Degree in public relations, communication, journalism, or marketing
- A final year student or recent graduate who has completed or is currently taking two or more writing for public relations courses
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Possess the ability to accurately follow directions
- Have a high degree of organization and self-motivation
- Have an ability to multitask
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge in CSA practices
- Eager to learn and work with various teams.
- Experience with online and social media communication strategies
- The ability to act as an effective and efficient team player.
- Willingness to travel.
How To Apply for SNV Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.