UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021 – Compound Assistant
Job Title: Compound Assistant – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Arua, Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
Following the ongoing refurbishment of the office premises in Arua and Kiryandongo and the need to ensure follow up of maintenance and prompt response to cleanliness on the compound with the additional construction work ongoing, it has been recommended to have a Compound Assistant, UNOPS LICA 4 to provide support in the cleanliness, safety of the office compound and other administrative support roles as may arise.
The Compound Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Assoc. Administrative Officer who would provide necessary advice and guidance. He/she will support the operation in the Administration of UNHCR SO Arua Office Premises with extended support to FO Kiryandongo Office premises and Staff accommodation, which includes assessment of security, electrical and plumbing infrastructure needs, cleaning services, minor repairs, coordination of facilities maintenance/repairs among other roles.
The Compound Assistant in addition to regular works will establish relationship with third party service providers. He/she will provide assistance, advise, and guidance to the cleaning company and support routine and non-routine administrative issues. Whenever needed he/she can propose to the supervisor and management continuous improvement of the UNHCR premises and staff accommodation in Kiryandongo and ensure facilities are in accordance with the required standard
Roles and Responsibilities for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Participate in the assessment of operational and security infrastructure needs in each
- UNHCR office and staff accommodation in responsibility.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all infrastructure and equipment in the facilities.
- Actively participate in meetings related to facilities management to ensure that all decisions taken meets the UNHCR’s operational and security requirements.
- Provide support in all related activities connected with the implementation of the required facilities management services in the facilities under his/her responsibility.
- Check and ensure that all office buildings and guesthouse lights are functioning well.
- Check and ensure that all air conditions at office and guesthouses are functioning well.
- Assist in the identification of basic repair and maintenance needs and requirements of the office and guesthouse including electrical installations/replacing light bulbs, plumbing, basic carpentry, generators and water pumps maintenance.
- Support with handling of minor repairs in relation to the replacement of faucet washers and spindles, faulty window latches, broken tank toilet handles, unplugging clogged toilets and drains, changing light bulbs, tightening loose hinges or door mechanisms, diagnostic and repair of stand-alone door lock units etc.
- Performing tasks that involve hanging of bulletin boards, pictures and necessary items used in the residence rooms and office.
- Inspect office furniture on a regular basis and providing appropriate maintenance where possible.
- Carry out tasks related to guesthouse and office compounds like overseeing preparation of room for meetings, new guests, offices, addressing all maintenance needs, fixing toilets, water, TV, doors etc.
- Report defaults in the compound; make sure that water and electricity are available at any time in the guesthouse and office compound.
- Support and follow up with booking of accommodation at UNHCR Guest houses and accommodation at UNDSS cleared Hotels for staff on mission.
- Undertake other tasks or assignments within his / her area of responsibility as directed by Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
- Planning and organizing
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Teamwork and collaboration
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Completion of the Secondary education; Training/certificate in Business Administration, Office Management, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years previous relevant job experience with high school diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher is required.
- Experience in office administration, facilities management, and maintenance is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize and work with staff at all levels in other departments, divisions and vendor organizations is required.
- Knowledge in using Microsoft Office tools, expert knowledge of MS Excel (including pivot tables) is required.
- Excellent knowledge of English is required
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Additional UN language or local language is desirable
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 19th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.