Job Title: Facilities Technician – Compassion International Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Compassion International
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Compassion International Profile:
Compassion International is an evangelical Christian Child Development NGO that for over sixty years has existed as an advocate for children, to release them from poverty and enable them to become responsible and fulfilled Christian ADULTS.
This experienced technician performs event services setup support, furniture arrangement, and preventative building maintenance. Further, this technician performs general duties such as painting, light bulb replacements, minor electrical, minor plumbing, and limited vehicle maintenance. At this level, the incumbent works independently on building maintenance and repair tasks and handles occasional customer service requests displaying a high level of courtesy and customer service. He or she may coach the work of other technicians. Depending on location, some duties may be performed in collaboration with contract service providers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Completes new or existing office furniture setup and fixture assembly. Installs modular furniture pieces using correct assembly methods and follows required specifications.
- Independently completes the setup and breakdown of furniture and equipment for daily events as assigned.
- Assists with or may conduct ergonomic assessments, maintaining program equipment, and provides education on proper best practices.
- Maintains warehouse cleanliness and order and may assist occasionally with inventory, receiving, and shipping. Monitors furniture inventory and delivers furniture when applicable.
- Monitors the temperature and ventilation control system so that the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system provides optimal comfort and air quality for building occupants and performs according to system standards. Reacts with a sense of urgency to customer needs, such as temperature adjustments. Performs second level maintenance tasks, which include trouble shooting, diagnosing, and repairing various components associated with operations.
- Performs cleaning tasks as assigned both inside and outside the building including tasks such as trash removal and exterior building and grounds upkeep. Ensures the external areas are free from hazards and obstructions.
- Independently completes assigned customer work order requests within service standard times.
- This experienced incumbent may provide technical advice to other assistants and offices.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Procurement or related field
- Two to three years of experience working in a facilities maintenance, electro-mechanical repair, or skilled craft position.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
How To Apply for Compassion International Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 22nd August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.