Job Title: Fresher Credit Officer – Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Habitat for Humanity
Duty Station: Luwero and Lugazi
Supervisor: Financial Inclusion Officer
Department: Housing Microfinance
Habitat for Humanity Profile:
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization that helps people in your community and around the world build or improve a place they can call home.
The main purpose of this job is to guide, coordinate and carry out credit and related activities at the branch.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Result Areas:
- Maintaining an average loan portfolio of not less than 200 active clients.
- Maintain a repayment rate of not less than 95% for clients less than 30 days past due.
- Maintain a Portfolio at Risk (PAR) greater than 30 days past due of not more than 5%.
- Maintain a Loan Use Verification rate of at least not less than 95% per Quarter.
- Supervise and conduct training sessions for Potential and Active clients: Sensitization Meetings and Financial literacy trainings.
- Maintain a Quarterly Portfolio Growth (in terms of clients) of not less than 5%.
- Maintain an average outstanding loan portfolio of at least not less than UGX.250 Million.
- Disburse loans and monitor their performance.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Arranging and organizing awareness seminars on services and products offered by Habitat for Humanity Uganda.
- Carrying out training programmes using prescribed modules of interest to the clients.
- Assisting credit applicants or borrowers during the application process.
- Liaising with local leaders in the respective localities with a view to identify, assess, appraise and approve loan applicants.
- Assessing the creditworthiness of potential borrowers and advising management accordingly.
- Participate in the credit committee meetings at the branch.
- Follow-up loan applications referred to the National Office for Approval.
- Timely disbursement of credit facilities.
- Supervise loan beneficiary projects during the loan term to ensure proper use.
- Ensuring timely recovery of loan installments and interest thereof from borrowers.
- Participate in the compilation of loans and Financial Education reports to be submitted to the National Office on a routine basis.
- Assisting the Financial Inclusion Officer in determining bad debts, if any, and the compilation of returns thereof to the National Office.
- Ensuring proper handling of organizational assets (Funds, Computers, Motor-cycles, and Cameras, etc.) attached to the branch to facilitate credit operations.
- Ensure proper record keeping and safety of client documentation by maintaining an adequate filing system.
- Carrying out any other duties assigned to him/her by the Branch Supervisor
Internal and External working relations
- Internal: Financial Inclusion Officer, Head of Programs, HMF Program Staff, other HFHU program and Finance staff,
- External: Partners, Local authorities and Clients
Minimum Qualifications for Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Minimum requirement: Diploma in the disciplines of microfinance, economics, business administration, or banking and finance.
- Minimum of 3 years working for a reputable Microfinance Institution preferred.
- Willing to uphold Christian Principles of HFHU
- Prior experience in some aspect of project cycle management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation tools and systems.
- Excellent Computer skills in Microsoft word, excel and point power
- Ability to work effectively, independently or in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent inter-personal skills; demonstrating diplomacy and tact.
- High level of integrity combined with ability to make bold and timely decisions
- Highly pro-active and self-disciplined.
- Willingness to travel to the field for microfinance related duties.
- Knowledge of the local languages.
- Ability to ride a motor cycle with a valid permit is a must
How To Apply for Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2021
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and copies of relevant academic credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line.
Deadline: 20th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.