Job Title: Business Development and Program Officer – ILC Africa Jobs 2021
Organization: ILC Africa
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
ILC Africa Profile:
ILC Africa provides solutions for Africa in Africa and creates a space for African professionals to take on decision-making roles in development projects. Previous work include projects in the sectors of education, livelihoods, health, organizational development, data collection, and research. Clients of ILC Africa have included UN entities, international aid organizations and international NGOs and data collection firms.
The organization seeks a highly motivated young professional to co-lead business development (grant and proposal writing, partnership development, sales-oriented marketing) and project management (monitoring and evaluation, reporting activities, quality assurance of deliverables). The Business Development and Program Manager will report to the Senior Programs and Partnerships Manager and the Business Development Lead. The focus of this job is to contribute to effective implementation, monitoring and reporting of ILC Africa’s active projects and proposal/grant writing efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to work on monitoring implementation and reporting of ILC Africa’s active projects including the allocation of resources for the implementation of tasks and submission of deliverables.
- Contribute to carrying out basic research on selected aspects of programmes, operations, and other activities as well as identifying and pursuing new opportunities for business development and partnerships.
- Participate in survey initiatives, assists with design of data collection tools, identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary conclusions.
- Contribute to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft reports, briefing notes, background papers, analytical notes, and presentations.
- Provide administrative and substantive functions to consultative and other meetings, events linked to the work plan, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents, presentations and records, handling logistics.
- Undertake outreach activities; participates in the development of training; prepares and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities; contributes to drafting social media posts and articles.
- Participate in meetings and field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative, functions data collection.
- Provide proposal/grant writing services to the Business Development unit to formulate winning proposals.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The ideal candidate must hold an advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in international development, business administration, international relations, management, economics, or a related field. Required. A first level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Familiarity with the politics, economics, societies of Africa is an advantage.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in project/programme management, administration, proposal/grant writing, or related area is required. Relevant work experience at the national or international level in development programmes or projects, including in evidence-based data management and data visualisation is desirable. Experience with developmental projects, emerging economies and developing country contexts especially in the African continent is desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency is French is highly desirable.
How To Apply for ILC Africa Jobs 2021
Please submit your CV and a professional cover letter that explains why you are a strong candidate via e-mail to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to sit a practical examination for further selection prior to an interview.
Deadline: 1st September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.