Job Title: Support Officer (Front Desk) – SNV Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: SNV Uganda
Job Location: Mbarara, Uganda
SNV Uganda Profile:
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management. For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org
Roles and Responsibilities:
Front Desk management and support
- Receive and professionally attend to all visitors.
- Keep the reception area tidy and have up-to-date Promotional material ready for hand out.
- Operate the telephone switch board, fax machine and photocopier.
- Receive and timely dispatch all mail, messages, calls and maintain a register of same record.
- Follow up and update the absence board at the reception.
- Supports the finance office with documentation, by providing the required supporting documents for payments, scanning and photocopying documents as maybe required.
- Manage the fleet at the regional office, including efficient vehicle allocation and daily move scheduling.
- In- charge of all fuel cards at the regional office.
- Compile monthly fuel, vehicle repairs and mileages, submit reports to the PA and PM timely.
- Book air tickets for all travels originating from the regional office in conjunction with the Country Office support officer.
- In-charge of all hotel bookings for the regional office staff and visitors.
- Take minutes during team meetings.
- Keep and maintain an updated telephone use, and stationery stock records.
- Responsible for filing at the regional office.
- Manage the regional office electronic office calendar.
- Maintain and update region’s HR leave data and timely send the report to the HR at Country Office.
Minimum Qualifications for SNV Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Degree in Secretarial Studies or Business Administration.
- One year plus working experience in similar role in a busy office environment preferably in an INGO.
- Understanding of poverty and social impact
- Ability to think independently, analyze problems, and identify solutions.
- High degree of initiative, flexibility, reliability, discretion and willingness to learn.
- Cross cultural skills and management experience of multiple complex tasks.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good computer skills in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Etc.)
- Customer care formal training is an added advantage
How To Apply for SNV Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.