Job Title: Dispenser – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development –bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua, Kasese and Kampala. The IRC will be moving into additional/new locations in refugee settlements in Kryandongo and Zombo.
The IRC is currently implementing its health and nutrition program in West Nile and Acholi focusing on providing primary health care services to refugees in their settlements. Similar services will be extended to the new locations starting January 2020.
Dispensing drugs and assisting the pharmacist and facility in-charge in all activities appropriate to the dispensary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dispense drugs to clients
- Conduct prescription /counselling of clients
- Ensure proper recording of drugs
- Monitor drug stock and inform the supervisor.
- Participate in the drug stocktaking.
- Participate in planning and budgeting for the section
- Participate in CME and any other trainings organized by Reach Out.
- Provide health education on drug use.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation.
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Provide regular feedback n stock status.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Certificate in dispensing/pharmaceuticals
- At least one year working experience as a drug dispenser in a busy setting.
- Knowledge on ARVs and other drugs e.g., side effects, dosage
- IRC guidelines and policies
- Stock taking
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 24th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.