IRC Uganda Jobs 2021 – Fresher Medical Radiographer
Job Title: Fresher Medical Radiographer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict-affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development –bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua, Kasese and Kampala. The IRC will be moving into additional/new locations in refugee settlements in Kryandongo and Zombo.
The IRC is currently implementing its health and nutrition program in West Nile and Acholi focusing on providing primary health care services to refugees in their settlements. Similar services will be extended to the new locations starting January 2020.
Under the guidance of Health manager, the Medical Officer shall be responsible for ensuring that effective, efficient and quality clinical Services are provided at the respective health facilities where he/ she shall be stationed. He/ She shall be responsible for ensuring that medicines and medical supplies are available for effective service delivery. The medical officer will work in collaboration with other officers in Community Health and Reproductive health to ensure that there is on-going provision of services that are safe for the beneficiaries both at the community level and health facility. He/ she shall also give oversight and guidance to the health workers on proper management of medical conditions according to the Ministry of Health guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Performance Indicators:
- Work plans and budgets prepared
- Patients prepared for investigation and treatment
- Radiographic imaging carried out
- Patients protected against radiation
- Patients in need of specialized imaging referred
- Radiographic operational equipment maintained
- Materials and sundries requisitioned and accounted for and
- Reports prepared and submitted.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and submitting work plans and budgets for radiographic activities in the hospital
- Preparing patients for radiographic investigation and treatment
- Carrying out radiographic imaging and submit reports to Clinician
- Providing protection to patients against radiation and radioactive materials
- Identifying and recommending referral of patients in need of specialized imaging
- Maintaining radiographic operational equipment
- Requisitioning and accounting for radiographic materials and sundries allocated; and
- Preparing and submitting performance reports to relevant authorities.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Must have a Diploma in Medical Radiography from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- Must possess a valid practicing license
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating
- Guidance and counseling
- Records and Information management
- Information Technology
- Concern for quality and standards
- Ethics and integrity; and
- Time management.
- Fluency in English and any other relevant local language.
- Strong analytical orientation and sound judgment
- Pro-activeness, resourcefulness, punctuality, responsibility.
- Field base work environment, computer shall be provided depending on availability for report writing, etc.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 24th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.