Job Title: 2 District Coordinators – Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Abt Associates Uganda
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Abt Associates Uganda Profile:
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the District Coordinators will focus on programmatic and management oversight for all aspects of the project’s spray operations in their assigned district(s), including spray campaign planning, technical assistance and training, logistical and operational support and supervision, and activity tracking and reporting. They will coordinate closely with provincial government counterparts and oversee the activities of project field staff and seasonal spray teams.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide overall oversight, leadership, and management of IRS project activities at district level. Work in collaboration with the malaria and IRS focal point persons at the District Health Office to manage the planning and coordination of IRS activities.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, and supervision of spray teams and IRS spray operators. Supervise and track inventory distribution and storage of materials, work with the logistics and procurement team to support procurement of IRS materials.
- Supervise IRS implementation, and contribute to the trainings conducted in the assigned geographical area.
- Ensure that routine program tracking and reporting are in place and delivered on time. Supervise and monitor field data collection with project M&E team.
- Manage the SBCC/IEC campaign and data collection process. Ensure that all risk prevention and environmental compliance measures are fully implemented and work closely with the project environmental compliance staff and district officers to address relevant issues.
- Facilitate communication between the districts in the assigned geographic area and the VectorLink project office.
- Represent the program at meetings with the community leaders and local steering committees.
- Supervise all logistical operations including quantification of insecticide and equipment needs and coordination with district Ministry of Health counterparts.
- Prepare weekly and other activity reports as directed by the project Operations Manager.
- Make frequent travels to field sites to support and oversee district and community level operations and activities.
- Ensure that the project is in compliance with US government and USAID contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Bachelors Degree in Public or Community Health, Environmental Health, Entomology, or other relevant fields.
- At least two (2) years of relevant professional work experience, with significant amounts of experience directly in Vector Control and IRS Operations.
- Experience in regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management is preferred. Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members.
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
- Demonstrates leadership and team work and produces high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, and organizational skills. Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with USAID funded programs and/or other international development experience.
- English language fluency will be required
How To Apply for Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2021
Application Instructions For consideration, please send your application which must include a CV, recent pay slip and copy of educational certificates to VCUganda_Recruiting@pmivectorlink.com. Incomplete applications shall not be considered. Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered
Closing Date: 27th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.