Job Title: Project Assistant/Store Manager – Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Abt Associates Uganda
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Abt Associates Uganda Profile:
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Store Manager supports the project’s logistics activities. This position requires frequent visits to the field in various districts during IRS implementation.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure that commodities used in IRS campaigns are secure, accounted for, and safely stored at the project’s district-level stores. Receive, deliver, and register IRS commodities, and ensure that storage facilities at the parish level are ready for IRS operations.
- Take stock of store inventory and prepare gap analysis for procurements. Supervise the parish storekeepers and ensure accurate record keeping insure all documentation for IRS supplies and logistics are collect and updated.
- Mentor the District Supply Officers m logistics management. Participate in training of parish storekeepers in logistics management. Advise Logistics Coordinator and Senior Management on logistics and procurement needs.
- Participation in identification of stores and need for repair at parish level
- Ensure that all pumps are maintained and serviced prior to IRS spray round. Ensure that all IRS waste is sorted, packed, and transported to the waste store.
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics Management, Administration, or other relevant field and 2+ years of relevant experience in warehouse and/o11 logistics management.
- Experience working with international development programs or USAID highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project. Meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English
How To Apply for Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2021
For consideration, please send your application which must include a CV, recent pay slip and copy of educational certificates to VCUganda Recruiting@pmivectorlink.com. Incomplete applications shall not be considered.
Closing Date: 27th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.