Job Title: Water Technicians – NWSC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) Profile
National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) a leading organisation in the Water sector in Uganda with a Vision “To be a leading Water Utility in the World.” NWSC is a utility parastatal 100% owned by The Government of Uganda. It was established in 1972 under decree No: 34. The mandate of the Corporation as defined in the National Water & Sewerage Corporation Statute of 1995, Section 5 (1), is to operate and provide water and sewerage services in areas entrusted to it, on a sound, commercial and viable basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and monitors the activities of leak repairs on the network in order to minimize water losses.
- Carries out network patrols for purposes of leaks identification, reporting and repair.
- Monitors water pressures and recommends necessary actions.
- Ensures that all water connections conform to the procedures and standards laid down.
- Investigates water complaints lodged by customers and recommends practical solutions.
- Carries out field investigations on all accounts to identify Non Revenue Water (NRW) elements like (illegal water use, service like leakage, shallow pipes, defective meters among others).
- Investigates all suppressed accounts in his/her territory for suspected illegal water use.
- Carries out field investigations on all non-nwsc registered properties and premises to identify possible illegal water use.
- Handles defective meters.
- Carries out disconnections and reconnections as may be instructed.
- Carries out new connections in line with the laid down procedures.
- Carries out network repairs and maintenance regularly.
- Investigates all technical failures in the network as may be required.
- Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- A higher /ordinary Diploma in Civil or Water Engineering, or Advanced /Ordinary Craftsman Certificate in Plumbing and Pipefitting from a recognized institution
- At least two (2) years relevant working experience.
Job requirements and Personal attributes.
- Must be able to work for long hours in the field with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to respond to any emergencies at short notice even at odd hours.
- Must be dependable and highly reliable.
- Must Result oriented, team player and flexible
- Age limit: Below 30 years.
How To Apply for NWSC Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested applicants who believe they meet the criteria given above should send in their applications (hard copies) and detailed curriculum vitae with two referees address to the Director Human Resources, National Water and Sewerage Corporation, Plot 3 Nakasero Rd. P.O.Box 7053, Kampala.
NB: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Deadline: Thursday 19th August 2021 by 5.00 p.m
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.