Job Title: Office Administrator – PELUM Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Participatory Ecological Land Use Management (PELUM) Association
Participatory Ecological Land Use Management (PELUM) Association Profile
Since 1995, PELUM Uganda has been working to improve the livelihoods of small-scale farmers and the sustainability of rural communities, by fostering ecological land use management. We: Share skills and knowledge about good practices and techniques, Undertake research and demonstration projects and advocate for policies that better support small-scale farmers.
PELUM Uganda is part of a 12-country-strong association of civil society organisations in eastern, central and southern Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership to all administrative support staff.
- Support realization of a healthy relationships with key stakeholders.
- Assists in planning and arranging events, handles Petty cash expenses and billing cycles, Manages reception area and handle visitors. Answers phone calls and transfers them as necessary.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to Organization policies
- Supervise administrative staff and assign responsibilities to ensure performance
- Manage agenda/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- The ideal applicant must hold a BSc/BA in office administration or other relevant field is preferred or Diploma in communication and three years’ experience in office administration
- Good command of written and spoken English highly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software (ERP etc.)
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles is a plus
- At least three years’ experience in office administration of a medium size NGO, Private Sector, including Donor funded projects.
- Must be matured, above 25 years of age.
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage
- Basic accounting / Financial management Knowledge and previous experience working in areas of communication is an added advantage
- Excellent team working skills.
- Versatility, and the ability to multi-task.
- Proven written and oral communication skills, Filing / paper management, bookkeeping, typing, equipment handling, customer service skills, research and documentation skills, Self-motivation.
- Exceptional motivator, with ability to foster relations among colleagues with ease.
- Excellent administration, financial, management and communication skills.
- Exceptional negations and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and creative thinking.
- Innovative and committed to results.
- Flexibility, open management style and ability to make decisions under time pressure
- Ability to fit in a multi-cultural working environment
How To Apply for PELUM Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates kindly send your CV and motivation letter to: The Secretary-General PELUM Association RS. Hannington Owegi Email: (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and cc. Finance and Administration Manager –FAM Smart Libalio Email: email@example.com and Christine Kabagenyi Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 13th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.