Job Title: Security and Safety Business Continuity & Crisis Management Intern – UN Women Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN Women Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
UN Women Profile:
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Security and Safety Services team seeks to enlist a full-time intern to support the team in the identification, coordination and educational development of an internal strategy related to business continuity and crisis management. The position is located within the UN Women Department of Management and Administration, Office of Security and Safety Services. The Security and Safety Business Continuity & Crisis Management Intern will report to the UN Women Regional Security Specialist.
Roles and responsibilities:
|Description of Responsibilities
In line with the approved UN Women Security and Safety Services Section Annual Work Plan (AWP), the Security and Safety Business Continuity & Crisis Management Intern will provide direct coordination and support to the development of outputs, whilst also scoping internal UN Women programme delivery security requirements.
The Intern will be responsible for the following:
The internship programme offers unique learning opportunities for interns, exposing them to the work of the United Nations, and enriching their educational experience through practical work in an international organization, with a focus on gender equality.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies:
Minimum Qualifications for UN Women Uganda Jobs 2021
- University studies in the field of security risk management, criminal justice systems, security information management and/or international relations is desirable.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation, or Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program which is part of a degree programme and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Interns who are not in receipt of financial support from other sources such as universities or other institutions will receive a stipend from UN Women to partially subsidize their basic living costs for the duration of the internship.
- All applicants must submit a completed and signed P.11 form with their application.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we can ONLY contact successful candidates.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of enrollment in a valid health insurance plan at the duty station of the internship, proof of school enrollment or degree, a scanned copy of their passport/national ID and a copy of a valid visa (as applicable).
- A selected candidate unable to report to the advertised duty station due to the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may be approved to undertake this internship remotely.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
How To Apply for UN Women Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 28th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.