Job Title: Registration Assistant – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Yumbe, Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
The Registration Assistant is a member of the registration team and is supervised by the Registration Officer who provides the incumbent with regular guidance and support. The incumbent is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. S/he responds to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. The Registration Assistant supports the implementation of of the Global Distribution tool (GDT) during the General food distribution by WFP and for other distributions of NFI by UNHCR Partners
S/he liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up and may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies. Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are not frequent. In the Field locations, under supervision of the manager, the incumbent may play a liaison role with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
Roles and Responsibilities for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Assist in the implementation of UNHCR registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern
- Assist in implementation of Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance with relevant standards and policies
- Assist in the monitoring and daily running of registration activities by OPM and individual case management activities by UNHCR where required
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
- Respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
- Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the operation
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
- Analytical thinking
- Technological awareness
- Planning, organizing and adaptation to work under pressure
- Negotiation and respect for cultural diversity
- Political awareness
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher Certificates and/or Licenses
- in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, Information Management, Information Technology, or related fields is required.
- 1-year relevant experience is required.
- Experience working with identity management software of database is required.
- Good knowledge of handling confidential and statistical data is required.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data entry and management is required.
- Working knowledge of English is required
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Experience in training is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of the principles of protection, registration and assistance to asylum seekers, refugees and other persons of concern is desirable
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 19th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.