Job Title: 4 Sample Transporters – EGPAF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation
Job Location: Uganda
Reports To: Associate Fleet Officer
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) Profile:
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a worldwide leader in the fight against pediatric AIDS. EGPAF seeks to prevent pediatric HIV infection and to eradicate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs in 17 countries. EGPAF is implementing a 7-year Cooperative agreement with United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Uganda to lead the implementation of district-based project USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in South Western Uganda (USAID RHITES SW). USAID RHITES SW activity’s goal is to increase utilization of health services through the following key result areas: increased availability of and accessibility to health services; improved quality of health services; increased availability of resources for public sector health services; improved organization and management of service delivery and increased adoption of healthy behaviors and positive child development practices by communities in focus areas and target population groups.
The incumbent will be responsible for the transportation of Samples from health facilities to testing Hubs in supported districts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow daily and weekly schedule of visits to the hospital, Health Centers, and post office.
- Collect samples from the facilities and deliver them to the Hub Laboratory and in a timely manner.
- Check the hub laboratory on daily basis to Pick results and/or deliver them to respective facilities.
- Transportation and management of samples in line with the National and international Biosafety regulations.
- Keep motorbike and other equipment including safety gear and carrying box well maintained and safe from theft.
- Maintain comprehensive records of samples collected, results picked and delivered, bike maintenance/repairs and daily movements made.
- Work with the hub coordinator and DLFPs to ensure timely distribution of EQA samples.
- Communicate (phone or physical) immediately to the hub coordinator in case of inability to move to the lower facilities or if anything happens which interferes with sample transportation.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports to the hub coordinator.
- Keep a copy of valid riders’ permit at all times
Minimum Qualifications for EGPAF Uganda Jobs 2021:
- The ideal candidate must have a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent from a recognized school/institution.
- Should have a valid riding permit with class A
- Riding experience of at least 3 years
- Defensive riding certificate is an added advantage.
- Certificate level training in laboratory techniques will be an added advantage.
How To Apply for EGPAF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 27th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.