Job Title: 2 Research Assistants (Comprehensive Nurse) – RHSP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Job Location: Kalisizo
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) Profile:
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative biomedical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
The research assistant shall participate in health education of study participants, data collection, documentation, informed consent process pre and post HIV test counseling and to ensure that high quality data produced in a timely manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring availability of supplies and logistic enough to perform the day’s task (SELF AND TEAM PREPARATION).
- Proper identification of households and study participants as per training/PROTOCOL.
- Asking questions, probing and recording responses in a manner that does not contradict the protocol.
- Reading and explaining the consent form to the study participant.
- Respectful handling of and dealing with study participants and other community members and confidential handling participant data and RHSP information.
- Completing household census forms and survey questionnaires and/or forms/GIS data in accordance with protocol and checking for validity/consistency of the information collected.
- Maintaining regular contact with the team leader and editor and handing over completed census and survey forms to the field editor or team leader as soon as they are ready..
- Collecting, labeling and temporary storage of biological specimens and handing them over to the field laboratory contact person.
- Performing of pre-test & posttest HIV counseling and health education whenever applicable.
- To maintain, keep and properly handle program property i.e. laptops, motorcycles, chairs and all other equipment.
- Any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing from reputable institution.
- Registration with Allied Health Professional Councils or with a relevant professional body.
- Must have a valid practicing license with nursing council.
- Certificate in Human subject or GCP implementation or equivalent professional development trainings.
- Working experience: At least 1 years’ experience working in a reputable health organization.
- Excellent communication skills required (Both oral & written).
- Fluent in Luganda.
- Willingness to work and live in rural areas is required.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle is a MUST (attach riding permit).
How To Apply for RHSP Uganda Jobs 2021
Applications: All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates(IN ONE DOCUMENT Pdf/Word),) addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Deadline: 18th August 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.