Job Title: HR & Admin. Assistant (readvertised) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development –bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua, Kasese and Kampala. The IRC will be moving into additional/new locations in refugee settlements in Kryandongo and Zombo.
The IRC is currently implementing its health and nutrition program in West Nile and Acholi focusing on providing primary health care services to refugees in their settlements. Similar services will be extended to the new locations starting January 2020.
Reporting to the HR & Admin. Officer, the HR & Admin. Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions, and general office management of the IRC Urban Office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist generally in the human resource/recruitment activities for the national employees (job adverts, interviews, contracts, and personnel files) for the IRC in Urban.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Draft and track of Staff Contracts/COS with the support of HR/Admin Officer.
- Prepare the IRC staff list monthly in liaison with the HR/Admin Officer Urban.
- Submit and track medical forms for the newly recruitment staff Urban Office.
- Provide support to staff, follow up and report any issues staff are facing with the medical service providers.
- Maintain employee’s database for employee leave, employee performance evaluation and staff training tracking sheets.
- Prepare exit evaluation grid, collate results, and provide copies to relevant managers in liaison with the HR & Admin Officer.
- Prepare monthly HR reports for Urban.
- Maintain the leavers and departure trackers monthly.
- In liaison with the HR and Admin Officer –South West, prepare monthly payroll information for staff and forward to the Country HR Lead for payroll processing in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update the timesheet tracking database for national staff in Urban and file all timesheets appropriately.
- Under the supervision of HR/Admin Officer prepare monthly cash projections for the Human Resources/Admin Department
- Ensures OADM forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- Assist to monitor staff movement to/from the field, to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staff.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other related course.
- At least 2 years of work experience in performing similar duties.
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 2nd September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.