Job Title: 4 District Project Assistants – CARE International Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Care International Uganda
Job Location: Moyo, Uganda
CARE International Profile:
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to defending the dignity of people. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE has been working in Uganda for over 50 years. In FY ending June 2020, CARE improved the lives of nearly one million people in Uganda (62% women). Our ambition for the next five years is to reach 5 million people, through lifesaving and gender transformative programs.
The District Project Assistant (DPA) reports to the District Project Officer who is currently either a GBV/SRH Officer or Male Engage Officer. The DPA supports the implementation of the Women, Adolescents and Youth Rights and Empowerment Programme (WAY) in one of the project districts namely: Arua/Madi Okolo, Yumbe, Moyo/Obongi, Adjumani, Amuru, Lamwo, Kitgum and Agago. He/she works with the WAY programme team to implement activities in respective districts. The role includes strengthening relationships with the existing community and sensitization of WAY project platforms including but not limited to: school health and sanitation clubs/anti GBV clubs, farmer groups, Male Action Groups (MAGs) consisting of role model men and boys, SASA! Activists, Girls’ Socio-Economic Groups/ Youth Savings and Loans Association (YSLA) groups; mentors and mentees as well as GBV survivors including vulnerable girls in and out of school. The DPA organizes and monitors trainings, supports planning and activity reporting, monitoring and evaluation activities and actively participates in district and settlement level coordination meetings. S/he is highly motivated, self-driven, creative, action-oriented and a problem solver with strong community mobilization, engagement skills and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities of CARE International Uganda Jobs 2021:
Responsibility 1: Engage in field Implementation of WAY Project activities (60% of time)
• Under the supervision of the DPO and in coordination with the Senior Initiative Manager, Specialists, Coordinators, support the functionality of all the 8 WAY programme platforms and quality implementation of activities.
• Work with relevant Way staff to organize and support meetings and community events.
• Mobilize community members, taking care to identify those who fit the approved criteria, for support and engagement.
• Support community outreach and sensitization activities.
• Identify specific topic areas of information needed and develop communications plans to effectively disseminate information.
• Register and profile program participants and community structures following approved guidelines.
• Support in the identification, selection, and capacity assessment of potential beneficiaries.
• Routinely support and monitor programme participants
• Build working relationships with implementing partners and monitor their activities in coordination with the SIM, Specialists, Coordinators and District Project Officers.
Responsibility 2: Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (15%)
• Under the guidance of Initiative Manager, District Project Officer, MEAL Specialist and Coordinator, participate in assessments and baseline or end line data gathering needs.
• Support the development of beneficiary registration tools.
• Support data collection activities including monitoring and reviews for key activities.
• Prepare and submit timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly plans and reports that indicate program progress during implementation.
• Maintain proper filing system with activity reports, attendance lists and pictures.
Responsibility 3: COLLABORATION/NETWORKING(15% of the time)
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to CARE International in Uganda and to not jeopardize its humanitarian and Development mission
• Attend coordination meetings and functions organized by UNFPA, UNHCR and Other UN Agencies as relevant.
• Participate in district level and sub county level coordination meetings in health, community development, education, and production sectors as relevant and report accordingly in a prompt and timely manner.
• Participate in and support relevant activities for implementing and operating partners as approved by the supervisor or designated officer.
Responsibility #5: Promote Gender Equity, Diversity and Safeguarding Practices (5%)
• Practice a behaviour consistent with CARE core values and promote gender equity and diversity goals.
• Support the adherence to CARE Safeguarding policies and procedures by all project staff (including volunteers and management committees) and partners.
• Ensure that S/He and project partners are familiar with the following organisational policies and procedures and can identify when needed how these may have been breached, The Care International Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse and Child Abuse, The anti-discrimination and harassment policy, The code of conduct and the organizations values.
• Responsibility #6: Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%).
• Any other duties incidental to the role or assigned by supervisor.
Level of Authority
The District Project Assistant formally reports to the District Project Officer who is the SRH/GHV or Male Engage Officer. S/he will organize her/his day-to-day work based on the agreed weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual work plans with the DPO and other WAY Project staff, partners and stakeholders. S/he has no authority to enter into formal partnership agreements, nor any formal financial authority, apart from standard expenses for day-to-day activities. The DPA is responsible for the safety and custody of organization assets in her/his possession. Travel to locations outside project areas should be done and coordinated with the knowledge of and written approval of the Specialist in charge of the region with consultations from the Initiative Manager.
Relationship and collaboration
The DPA works as an activity implementation support person to achieve quality results under the WAY project within the humanitarian – development nexus. It is essential for her/him to develop good working relations with partner organizations, community members and local government structures to ensure effective support and implementation. This requires both sensitivity and responsiveness to the capacities and needs of the different partners. S/he will also collaborate with other Country office related initiatives within the Greater North Area and will be expected to provide support based on clearly agreed programme priorities. Teamwork is key element to the position.
Minimum Qualifications for CARE International Uganda Jobs 2021
• Diploma in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Community Development, Development Studies, Extension, or closely related field.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
• Background in development and humanitarian work including community facilitator role is a plus.
• Strong community mobilization skills a must.
• Good writing, communication, organization, prioritization and negotiating skills.
• Good (English) verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Excellent teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment mandatory.
• Proactive, problem-solving action orientation is essential.
• Ability to ride a motorbike with a valid license is a must.
• Ability to speak at least one language of the populations to be served is preferable
• At least two-year experience with related work.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Functional WAY Project Platforms – 8 in number – School Health and Sanitation Clubs, Women and Youth Spaces, Mentorship Networks, YSLA/Girls’ Socio-Economic Empowerment Groups, Farmer Groups, SASA Activists, Male Action Groups/Role Model Men and Boys, and GBV Survivors.
• Timely planning, reporting and participation in MEAL Activities
• Participation in partner activities such as UNFPA, UNHCR and UN Agencies and reporting
• Participation in Coordination meetings for the local government and relevant partner organizations and reporting
• Learning and contribution to knowledge products including documentation of life changing stories.
• Proactive problem solving
• Contributing to team success
• Managing work
• Building partnerships
• Communicating with impact
• Initiating action
• Information monitoring
• Stress tolerance
How To Apply for CARE International Uganda Jobs 2021
Candidates interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a daytime telephone contact and names, telephone contacts and email addresses of 3 (three) work- related referees only through our recruitment email:(email@example.com) indicating Position Name and Location in the email subject. The deadline for submitting C.V.s is 29th August 2021. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
Deadline: 29th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.