Job Title: DREAMS Officers – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The position holder will support day-to-day implementation of comprehensive DREAMS packages for eligible AGYW through collaborative efforts with District and sub-District structures, and in line with the current GOU and USG funder guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build the capacity of the District teams, Facility and community health workers to provide services on DREAMS initiative as per the National guidelines
- Provide technical assistance for DREAMS services through trainings and on site mentorship activities using the national curriculum, guidelines and protocols
- In collaboration with the M&E team, ensure that reporting and documentation of results from the DREAMS implementation is done timely and is of acceptable quality (ensuring accuracy and timeliness), ensuring timely updates of the DREAMS tracker
- Closely coordinate with Ministry of Health and roll out the implementation of DREAMS services.
- Work closely with the project M&E team to ensure regular updates of the DREAMS tracker and accurate and timely reporting.
- Strengthen referral and linkages between health facility and community service delivery points for the identified AGYW.
- Support establishment of community and facility Quality Improvement teams to support implementation of AGYW risk reduction plans.
- Build linkages and strengthen coordination among other DREAM partners in the IDI-supported communities.
- Develop plans and budgets and submit quarterly, annual and ad hoc DREAMS implementation progress reports
- Participate in DREAMS operational research activities involving the project supported health facilities
- Identify and document best practices to continuously guide improvements in DREAMS services delivery.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social work/Public Health and or related discipline
- At least three years’ work experience with DREAMS
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and computer literacy skills
- Ability and willingness to travel within the supported communities.
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 29th August 2021 at 5: 00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.