Job Title: Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant (Engineering) – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
Duty Station: Zombo, Uganda
Reporting to: Team Leader – Shelter and Infrastructure
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries. DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world; and by advocating on behalf of conflict-affected populations internationally, and in Denmark, on the basis of humanitarian principles and the Human Rights Declaration. In Denmark, DRC assists refugees in all aspects of integration as well as asylum procedures. Internationally, DRC actively participates in supporting the protection of refugees, and promoting durable solutions for conflict-affected populations.
Provides technical support within Shelter and Infrastructure and Water Resources Management area and assist the Shelter and Infrastructure officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of sector activities.
Roles and responsibilities of DRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Set up, plan, supervise and monitor the implementation of the infrastructure activities.
- Participate in the planning process and in the validation of Parish Development Plans (PDPs).
- Supervise and monitor the work of masons, participating communities and contractors
- Support baseline data collection and implementation of the technical and economic/impact assessment.
- Request materials to be purchased and ensure the right materials are delivered.
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Together with the Shelter and Infrastructure Officer, work on project technical reports.
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders of the infrastructure projects.
- Assess the security situation at project sites in close collaboration with the Shelter and Infrastructure Officer and Team Leader-. Shelter and Infrastructure
- Ensure protection of beneficiaries.
- Ensure regular communication between communities at the project implementation sites and DRC.
- In consultation with the Shelter and Infrastructure Officer, facilitate approval of site settings for specific Infrastructure and Water Resources Management works activities
- Monitor progress of Infrastructure and Water Resources Management activities on day to day basis to ensure that Communities and contracted companies comply with approved specifications and work plan
- Liaise with the Shelter and Infrastructure Officer and Team Leader – Shelter and Infrastructure to share possible obstacles to ongoing activities in order to seek for best solutions.
- Provide update/ highlights on progress of civil works activities on weekly basis.
- Ensure adequate and timely supply of materials by suppliers and contracted companies in order to minimize unnecessary delays or interruptions of the works in accordance with the work plan.
- Ensure contractors avail adequate labor force, visitors register books and instruction notebooks on site.
- Liaise with District Engineering Departments to allocate sites necessary for development of infrastructures.
- Document and share key lessons and recommendations based on performance of specific contractors in order to help improve the quality of other Infrastructure and Water Resources Management works
- In liaison with the Shelter and Infrastructure Officer, prepares designs and BoQs for any additional works identified during implementation of specific civil works contracts and accordingly advice the NURI team on other available cost-effective means.
- Take lead in guiding the NURI Team and government counterparts during joint field inspections to specific implementation sites.
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Experience and technical competencies:
- Experience in technical assessment and screening of infrastructure works
- Experience in setting out roads, drainage structures, water ponds, valley tanks etc
- Experience in Supervision of Shelter and Infrastructure works.
- Experience in managing work force
- Ability to understand and clearly interpret works specifications and drawings
- Ability to use engineering soft wares such as AutoCAD and MS office packages.
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in civil/ construction engineering or other related field.
- At least 3 years of practical field experience in construction works for bachelor degree holders and 5 years’ experience for diploma holders.
- Experience in Uganda is an added advantage.
- Lugbara , Alur and Arabic is a must
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 30th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.