Job Title: Program Officer Education and Child Protection – Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Save the Children
Job Location: Multiple location in WestNile and Western Region
Save the Children Profile:
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
The Program Officer (PO) provides ongoing, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting in regard to the execution of the Emergency Response activities, including child protection and education components. Activities ensure children (and their caregivers) in the refugee settlement regain access to safe living environments, access education and skills development opportunities and are protected from harmful abuse.
Dimensions: Save the Children refugee response is implemented in West Nile and Western Uganda. The Program Officer is responsible for the implementation under one or more projects in the designated location(s).
Reporting to: The PO reports to the Project Manager, with a matrix reporting line to the Team Leader.
Staff directly reporting to this post: the position can occasionally oversee assistant level or volunteer staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and support situation and needs assessments in the project sites to help determine the required interventions and planning within the context of our operations.
- Adequately coordinate and implement education and child protection activities under the assigned project(s) and locations taking into account the detailed implementation plan. This includes CFS monitoring, case work, monitoring of ECD activities, training of community volunteers, etc.
- Ensure weekly planning and implementation of activities, including preparation of assigned budget expenditure. Account for activities and budget expenditure within the provided time frame.
- Provide a clear and consistent follow up on activities and use monitoring results for reporting, consistently using the project indicators.
- Monitor and provide day-to-day direct technical support and coaching to community and other stakeholders as well as the partners that we work with.
- Ensure regular data collection and submission of monitoring reports to Line Manager.
- In liaison with UNHCR, OPM and other organizations spear head the identification and profiling /documentation of vulnerable children and children with disabilities and link them to service providers; conduct well planned tracing and identification of foster parents.
- Maintain an updated and clean database of all profiled refugee and marginalised children, and children at risk supported by the response program. Identify children with child protection concerns, document them and refer them to service providers.
- Organize and coordinate community dialogue meetings to discuss education and child protection issues with children and community members
- Provide high quality and adequate reports on activity implementation and corrective measures taken.
- Document best practices and unique experiences including success stories, case studies for sharing and learning.
- Represent Save the Children in working groups and other events as assigned by the line manager.
- Ensure effective coordination with other responding (I)NGOs, with consortium partners, with OPM, UNCHR, etc.
- Participate as a collaborative and pro-active member in the emergency response team, ensuring timely and high-quality results for children and families.
Minimum Qualifications for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Minimum Bachelors’ Degree Education, Development Studies, Psychology, Child Development, Child Psychology, Community Psychology or any equivalent accrued working experience in a related position;
- At least two years relevant experience implementing, supervising, monitoring and evaluating field-based child protection or education projects with an NGO, particularly focusing on children’s rights, preferably in an emergency setting;
- Ability to train, mentor and coach ECCD Caregivers on the learning framework, ELM at Centre, learner Assessment, material production and play based learning
- Good understanding of child rights issues and child rights instruments.
- Specific familiarity with child rights issues in the NGO world or work.
- Ability to interact with communities; children and adults as well as other stakeholders at sub-county and district levels.
- At least 1 year’s experience in financial, planning and budget management.
- Effective interpersonal skills – oral and written communication skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
How To Apply for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 27th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.