Job Title: 5 Finance & Administrative Assistants – TPO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: TPO Uganda
Duty Station: Bushenyi, Ntungamo, Rukungiri, Isingiro and Rwampara
Project: USAID funded Keeping Children Healthy and Safe (KCHS) with Regional office in Mbarara
TPO Uganda Profile:
TPO Uganda is a local Ugandan NGO that has been operating in the country for over 25 years. Our programs comprise interventions organized around the following themes; Care and protection of OVC; child protection, livelihoods support, mental health and psychosocial support, response and prevention of all forms of violence against women and children as well as emergency response and humanitarian action. TPO Uganda is active in over 33 districts in the region and is a member of several partnerships and coordination mechanisms in the country.
Under the Direct Supervision of the respective District Project Coordinators (DPC) and Technical reporting to the Accountant (Mbarara Regional Office) in maintaining accurate and reliable accounting records, complying with local tax regulations and other administrative tasks. The Finance/Administrative Assistant supervises an Office Attendant, Driver and collaborates with a Human Resources, Administration Officer and Logistics Officer in executing their work. This position is an excellent opportunity for an early-to-mid career finance professional with excellent attention to detail and strong skills in an online accounting software.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Organizational Accounting and Administration
• Accurate processing and posting of transactions into the accounting system in line with cash basis of accounting;
Timely Processing and submission of District payment requests together with accurate and complete supporting documentation to regional office for clearance;
• Liaising with the Regional finance team at the Mbarara Office to extract data and reports to deliver timely and accurate financial to the District Coordinators to enable them monitor their budgets vs expenditure on a monthly basis;
• Assist the Districts in preparing budgets and cash forecasts and ensuring that the District offices complies with the budget;
• Assist in preparing timely and accurate District monthly fuel, petty cash reports and any other activity accountabilities accompanied with complete and accurate documentation to ensure timely replenishments to avert any fuel/cash crisis in the respective district offices;
• Support staff fill in timesheets accurately by the 20th of every month duly approved by respective supervisors, and submitting them together as a batch to regional office by the 22nd;
• Updating staff advance registers and reconciling them with respective accountabilities for submission to Regional Office together with accurate complete supporting documentation;
• Ensure timely banking of any unused staff and activity advances on a daily basis;
• Reconciliation of petty cash accounts, petty cash accounting, and cash flow reporting;
• Prepare for and assist to coordinate the annual audit and following up implementation of audit recommendations;
• Assist in maintaining controls over fixed assets including tagging of assets and annual physical verifications;
• Maintain a schedule of regular utility bills and follow-up on bills to ensure they are paid before the due date;
• Ensure proper filing of both computerized and physical accounting records;
• Regular backup of the computerized accounting system;
• Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
2. Tax and Compliance
• Preparation, payment, and timely filing of statutory taxes such as local service tax, Withholding tax, VAT;
• Filing of returns with District NGO board on annual basis.
3. Project Accounting
• Overseeing project accounting for ongoing projects;
• In liaison with project managers monitoring project budgets and expenditure and providing advice on project expenditure;
• Checking the accuracy of costs charged by suppliers/service providers and compliance with their contracts;
• Ensuring all any project revenue is promptly and fully invoiced and collected according to contractual terms.
• Maintaining clean office environment both external and internal at all times;
• Ensuring provision of office tea and break and evening time and meals at lunchtime to staff;
• Ensuring that all office equipment including motorcycles are in good running order through regular maintenance, servicing of motor vehicles/cycles on schedule and timely repairs whenever they breakdown;
• Ensuring safety to staff and security of assets, against fire and theft;
• Ensuring that all office utilities (internet, water, electricity, generators; clean drinking water, etc) are running and available at all times.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Accurate and complete bookkeeping and reporting;
• Accurate cash forecasts and monthly budget forecasts;
• Timely preparation payment requests within twelve hours;
• Timely payment of taxes and filling of tax returns on or before the due date;
• Timely preparation of accountability reports as per the specified due date;
• Maintaining strong internal controls and ensuring compliance with financial management procedures;
• Timely follow up and implementation of audit recommendations;
• All equipment, furniture and vehicles are in good running order and serviced according to schedule.
Minimum Qualifications for TPO Uganda Jobs 2021:
• Minimum a Degree in Business Studies, Accounting with part qualifications in a recognized professional qualification in Accounting (ACCA, CPA or ACA) or equivalent with 2 years’ minimum accounting experience in a busy NGO setting;
• Good working knowledge in the internet-based accounting system; Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching;
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets; Ability to present information in a succinct and compelling manner; Ability and willingness to quickly change work practices and hours and ensure a fast turnaround for urgent tasks;
• Excellent computer skills especially in MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Word;
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written;
• High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player;
• Proven commitment to accountability practices;
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision.
How To Apply for TPO Uganda Jobs 2021
Please, send your CV (maximum 2 pages) plus your cover letter (Maximum 1 page) indicating three references contacts (email and phone) and a table showing your past 3-year salary history to The Human Resources Officer, TPO Uganda by email firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. email@example.com Hard copies shall not be accepted.
Deadline: 15th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.