Job Title: Credit Analyst – Hofokam Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Hofokam Ltd
Duty Station: Head Office, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Risk Manager
Hofokam Ltd Profile
Hofokam Ltd is one of the largest Micro Finance Institutions operating in western Uganda with its Head Office at Fort Portal. Its Vision is “to be the champion of vibrant and economically empowered households in Uganda”. Hofokam’s Mission is “to provide quality financial services, information and businesses training to the economically active poor so as to enable them to realize their full potential”.
This is a position at a supervisory level, his or her major role is to assist the Credit Risk Manger in analysing credit data and financial statements of individuals, firms or group loan borrowers to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money with an aim of mitigating predicted risks. He prepares reports with credit information for use in decision making.
- Internal: Managing Director / Heads of Departments / Branch Heads / Other Staff.
- External: Clients
Responsible for analyzing credit and financial reports to determine risk involved in extending credit. Scrutinizes financial data such as market share, income growth, and management quality to decide if loans are booked to achieve the targeted business growth and minimize credit losses within acceptable parameters in line with the Business strategy, policies and set targets; and the UMRA Laws and Regulation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Desk Evaluation and Assessment of credit risk for large applications as will be determined by management, visit specific big clients were necessary as delegated by immediate supervisor.
- Vetting credit applications and recommending the application for approval / recommendation for rejection
- Credit Offices (Loan Officers, Supervisors/branch Heads) well versed and informed about various credit policies and procedures.
- Upkeep of credit files and correspondence thereto regarding the credit facilities at head office.
- Participate in loan recoveries to ensure that HOFOKAM achieves its set targets.
- Conveying the decision reached on credit proposals to the branch staff responsible for the application.
- Work closely with the Credit Manager’s at head office, responsible for documentation and upkeep of documents and post sanction follow up.
- Complete a thorough, in- depth analysis of new credit requests, renewals and annual relationship reviews. Recommend risk rating changes when analysis merits.
- Assess credit risk and advise HOFOKAM Management on suitable credit limits through the immediate supervisor.
- Negotiate customer disputes to resolution and documents root cause.
- Provide customer service and develop relationships with internal/external customers.
- Maintain accurate credit files. Monitor portfolio quality especially by use of the available MIS.
- Participate in major department projects and take an active role in cross-functional teams to assist in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives.
- Actively participates and communicates in the team-based work groups that make up the Credit Department
Minimum Qualifications for Hofokam Uganda Jobs 2021
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in business or any related field.
- Age should be between 25 and 35 Years;
- Possession of a riding permit.
- At least 3 years’ experience in direct credit operations in a financial institution/MFI.
- Banking knowledge and qualifications would be an added advantage.
- High level of honesty, integrity and accountability.
- Good organization and management skills.
- Leadership, Communication and quick Decision making skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to achieve results while working independently with little supervision.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle.
- Ability to effectively influence actions and opinions of others.
- Ability to work in teams and build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to work and live with rural communities especially those who are poor and having little or no education
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and other area basic languages with willingness to learn.
- Willingness and ability to perform other duties as may be required from time to time.
The salary to be paid is negotiable but attractive and commensurate with the qualification, skills and relevance of experience.
How To Apply for Hofokam Uganda Jobs 2021
If you feel you truly meet the above criteria, please apply to the Human Resource Manager and attach a detailed Curriculum Vitae and photo-copies of your Academic Certificates and e-mail themto firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all applications should only be sent by e-mail and Attachments MUST be in one PDF document and not exceeding 5MB in size.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and once invited for interviews, please come along with Original Copies of your Academic Certificates and an Original National Identity Card.
If you do not hear from us by 1st September 2021, consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.