Job Title: Logistics Assistant – MONUSCO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Reference: ESB/GJO/LA/01/08-2021
Grade: GL – 4
The United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or MONUSCO, an acronym based on its French name (French: Mission de l’Organisation des Nations Unies pour la stabilisation en République démocratique du Congo), is a United Nations peacekeeping force in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) which was established by the United Nations Security Council in resolutions 1279 (1999) and 1291 (2000) of the United Nations Security Council to monitor the peace process of the Second Congo War, though much of its focus subsequently turned to the Ituri conflict, the Kivu conflict and the Dongo conflict. The mission was known as the United Nations Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo or MONUC, an acronym of its French name Mission de l’Organisation des Nations Unies en République démocratique du Congo, until 2010.
This position is located within the Centralized Warehouse Section at the United Nations Entebbe Support Base (UNESB). The Logistics Assistant will report to the Chief of Unit at the location.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Logistics Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepares material request orders for transfer of assets.
- Performs warehouse related transactions in UMOJA and submit weekly reports on total stock holdings.
- Liaises with relevant services/ SD sections for all pending reservations and PAPD update.
- Maintains contact with relevant mission staff with respect to provision, co- ordination, monitoring and status of data accuracy and UMOJA users update.
- Follows-up and provides updates of ongoing logistics operations and planning as well as new shipments status on a regular basis.
- Assists staff within the Unit with respect to relevant procedures and practices.
- Records and monitors cost analysis for closed locations activity.
- Maintains and monitors relevant databases (e.g., stock levels of various supply items).
- Generates relevant status reports.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience of practical logistics operations or related area in the field is required. Good computer skills, including Word Processing and Excel, is required. Knowledge in UMOJA (SAP) is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
How To Apply for MONUSCO Uganda Jobs 2021
Please note that failure to comply with the below will render your application invalid for this process.
- Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications with cover letter together with the attached United Nations Personal History form (P-11) only.
- For the online Personal History Profile (visit https://inspira.un.org to generate a PHP )
- Submit applications by email ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
- All applications MUST indicate the MONUSCO Job Opening reference number for which they are applying, on the subject line in the e-mail. e.g. ESB/GJO/LA/01/08-2021
- All applicants MUST indicate the telephone number and email address with location. Applications without telephone number and the email address with location WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Applications received after the deadline will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- ONLY successful applicants will be contacted for WRITTEN SUBSTANTIVE and COMPETENCY-BASED ASSESSMENT TESTS.
- In line with the UN policy on gender balance, FEMALE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Closing Date: 3rd September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.