Job Title: 2 Drivers (Responsible Fisheries Business Chains Project) – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Ref. No: GIZ – RFBCP/D/082154
GIZ Uganda Profile:
Responsible Fisheries Business Chains Project (RFBCP) is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). It is part of the Global Program on Sustainable Fishery and Aquaculture and funded under the special initiative “One World-No Hunger” of the BMZ. The RFBCP works with partners such as the Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO) and the Ugandan Directorate of Fisheries Resources (DiFR) to achieve its overall objective which is; to ensure food security and to reduce poverty by increasing ﬁsh supply and income in Uganda and East Africa. The RFBCP targets artisanal ﬁshers, processors and traders as well as small to medium sized enterprises in the ﬁshery sector. The project assists existing actors in the ﬁsheries sector to implement already planned activities
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Drivers are responsible for:
- Safely and responsibly performing all oﬃcial travel using oﬃcial vehicles.
- Regularly servicing and looking after oﬃcial vehicles
- Taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations
- Running oﬃcial errands
The Drivers will perform the following tasks:
- Provides passenger transport in.an oﬃcial car for oﬃce, project or programme staﬀ, and to oﬃcial visitors and guests.
- Runs errands for the project, programme or oﬃce, for example sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of oﬃce supplies.
- Helps with transporting goods.
- Completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards.
- Cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly.
- Checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle.
- Advises on service needs (5000km).
- Responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, including keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance.
- Calculates monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption and submit to superior for ﬁnancial monthly veriﬁcation.
- Uses all available information (including current radio news on traﬃc conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other oﬃce drivers.
- If there is no travel pending, carries out other oﬃce work on request.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Minimum Qualifications for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
- Uganda Advanced Certiﬁcate of Education (“A” Level)
- Holds a valid driver’s licence
- Driving school certiﬁcate
Details of experience
- At least 3 years of working experience as a driver, with references
- No history of major accidents within the past 3 years.
- Experience in driving in diﬃcult terrain
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Knowledge of other local languages spoken in the operational area and Swahili are an added advantage.
- Should have a high level of discipline and punctuality.
- Resilience and patience.
- Familiarity with geographical locations in the areas.
- Ability to maintain appropriate appearance (friendly manner with all passengers).
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
All Interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to email@example.com Applications and CVs should be in one Document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include the name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Please note. This is a national position, Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 5th September 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.