Job Title: MERL Officer – Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Plan International Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Plan International Profile:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian not for profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected.
The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Manager in preparing reports on project progress and monitoring the project activities on a regular basis, maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with project team and CO program team, district local government departments and the wider MER team.
Roles and Responsibilities of Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021:
Project M&E, documentation and learning
- Design and Implement project monitoring tools as per project M&E plan and ensure use of appropriate tools in collection, compilation, analysis and utilization across the project
- Support the development and rollout of project targets and standards to ensure delivery of quality outputs.
- Provide technical guidance in developing and maintaining the project M&E database, including overseeing and leading the continuous update of project milestones in the PMERL system.
- Conduct routine monitoring field visits of all the project activities, produce and share monitoring reports with project teams to inform adjustments and improvement action plans
- Consolidate, track and share on a monthly basis action points agreed upon in all project review/reflection meetings.
- Regularly track project progress and update the project indicator performance trackers to support the project reporting obligations to different stakeholders
- Quarterly Consolidate, follow up and document best practices, case studies, lessons learnt, Most Significant Change Stories and reflection of the project to provide evidence on project impact including inclusiveness.
- Monitor and consolidate project implementation findings against approved work plans and budgets to ensure timely and quality implementation as per contractual obligation
- Provide leadership in the project’s research, evaluation and learning initiatives including reviewing and validating reports, and leading reflection and dissemination processes
- Plan, facilitate and conduct M&E capacity building activities for the project team and partners to enhance quality reporting and data management.
- Contribute to the country office quarterly and annual reporting requirements by providing timely and quality data to the Program MER Coordinator
Project planning and Implementation
- Participate in and support the development of project outlines including key M&E activities
- Support project team and partners to develop Detailed Implementation Plans in line with the proposal
- Consolidate, track and share on a quarterly basis the Project’s Detailed Implementation Plan to ensure timely implementation of project activities.
Plan system support to ensure compliance
- Ensure Plan International and donor standards such as safeguarding children and young peoples’ policy, research protocols, knowledge management and MER standards and Guidelines are adhered to in the project.
- Support to ensure that the entire project’s programming mainstream Gender, Disaster Risk Reduction and Child Protection.
- Support the project team to ensure that the registered project risks are regularly mitigated, tracked and updated as required.
- In consultation and agreement, perform any other functions as may be deemed appropriate by management.
Child Protection and Gender Equality & Inclusion
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Set and communicate ambitious but realistic work goals and priorities, explaining how these contribute to Plan International’s purpose.
- Set high standards for self and others’ behavior, inside and outside work. Championing our values and commitment to rights, gender equality and safeguarding. Supporting the health, well-being and both physical and psychological safety of our staff, including their safety to speak out.
- Hold self and others to account for what we have agreed, dealing with poor performance quickly, firmly and constructively.
- Create a positive team spirit, helping people work well together, to reflect and continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do.
- Collaborate with team members, colleagues and partners in finding creative solutions to problems by sharing information, experience and ideas and actively seeking their input.
- Motivate and developing others by taking an interest, giving constructive feedback and praise, ensuring they are properly trained and helping them utilize their potential.
- Accept change and support others in adjusting to it, helping them understand.
Business Management Competencies
- Understand relevant sectoral context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of Plan’s purpose, values, and global strategy
- Manage legal and reputational risk including risk assessment, communication, risk management and reporting in full compliance with risk-related standards, including in areas such as Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection, Gender equality and inclusion, Counter Fraud, Safety and Security
- Manage activities and resources including skills in strategic thinking, planning and organising, financial planning and monitoring, negotiation and programme and project management
- Manage people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management, communication skills, both speaking and writing, and digital working, including personal digital skills.
Minimum Qualifications for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Social Sciences, Social Work, Development Studies or a related field. Additional training at Post-Graduate level in Monitoring and Evaluation, project planning and management or a related field is an asset.
- At least 2 years of experience in providing M&E for Child Protection projects in development and humanitarian contexts.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing, donor compliance and budget management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from diverse cultures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to work in teams
- Skills in Research methodology
- Analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building, mentoring and coaching staff.
- Proven computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Power point presentation, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail and web based research
- Ability to work in hard to reach hard to stay areas and familiar with programming for vulnerable children especially young girls and boys.
How To Apply for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 6th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.