Job Title: Protection Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community-based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. IRC has a country office in Kampala, and field offices in Moroto, Kiryandongo, Kyaka II, Yumbe and Imvepi.
The Protection Assistant supports the Protection Officers with the implementation of Protection and Rule of Law program activities in the set‐up of protection interventions in Bidibidi Settlement. She/he will work closely with Community Based Volunteers in leading outreach and mobilization activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures daily operation of Information and Support Centers (ISCs) in assigned Zone.
- Provides timely feedback on issues and complaints raised by refugees at ISCs.
- Ensures all protection concerns and/or complaints by refugees are accurately assessed and recorded in the intake, either directly assisting and/or referring individual to appropriate service provider. The Protection Assistant will conduct one follow up of the case, according to operating procedures.
- Coordinates with service providers to strengthen referral pathway, including weekly referral/case meetings.
- Works with Protection Officers and Community Based volunteers to conduct protection information and awareness session ‐ community outreaches.
- Maintains and collects data in line with agreed procedures.
- Conducts PSN home visits, assessing needs and ensures adequate referral/assistance provided.
- Work closely with Community Based Volunteers, providing support and guidance in their activities.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- At least One (1) year of prior professional experience in a similar post, with an international or national NGO. Applicants with significant Volunteering experience in an INGO or NGO of reputable standing may be considered.
- Good awareness of protection issues and the refugee context
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize activities and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity in working with refugees and vulnerable communities
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Maintains high levels of confidentiality
- Comfortable using Information technology (Computers, Smart Phones and Tablets).
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 8th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.