Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and works with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services in the area office/field. Reporting to Head of the field Office and with a functional reporting line to the Human Resource Business Partner, the incumbent will work closely with the Area Office Management, to perform a cross-section of all HR related aspects within the jurisdiction of the area office. These will include, provision of HR administrative Services, guidance and advice on HR issues.
A Business Support Assistant (HR) is needed to support effective execution of HR Operations hence contributing to delivery HR transformation agenda with an HR complement of over 485 country wide.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
1. Coordinate with the internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e., payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information to enable timely HR services
2. Gather HR related information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
3. Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
4. Coordinate employee engagement activities for example General Staff Meetings (GSM), engagement surveys, monthly HR newsletters e.tc.
5. Respond to HR related queries and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
6. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (2/2)
7. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
8. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
10. Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
11. Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance, and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
12. Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A University degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial /Organizational Psychology, or any other related field, attained from a recognized institution.
- At least four (4) years of relevant working experience in Human Resources management and development, administration, gained from reputable organizations.
- Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential.
- Good working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications and HR Information Management Systems
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with teams remotely
- Ability to quickly build credibility with internal stakeholders –
- Ability to work well with a diverse team and demonstrated business partnering skills
- Creative problem solver, flexible and constructive approach
- Ability to prioritise multiple stakeholder requests.
- Languages: Working knowledge of English
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 9th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.