Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Specialist – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reporting to: MEAL Coordinator
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries. DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world; and by advocating on behalf of conflict-affected populations internationally, and in Denmark, on the basis of humanitarian principles and the Human Rights Declaration. In Denmark, DRC assists refugees in all aspects of integration as well as asylum procedures. Internationally, DRC actively participates in supporting the protection of refugees, and promoting durable solutions for conflict-affected populations.
The BPRM MEAL Specialist will be responsible for the design and implementation of all monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning initiatives associated with DRC’s Bureau Population Refugees and Migration (BPRM) project which focuses on the inter-relation between protection issues – gender-based violence in particular – and economic recovery of refugees and host communities. In collaboration with the Arua-based MEAL Manager and protection team, the specialist will develop and review associated MEAL strategies and plans, will design data collection methodologies and tools and will deliver trainings and build the capacity of both MEAL and program officers to collect and analyze data. The position holder will furthermore collaborate with DRC’s implementing teams to integrate learning and recommendations from MEAL findings into programming. She or he will work with the project team to ensure appropriate accountability and feedback mechanisms are established and functional in all project locations. Furthermore, the MEAL Specialist will support the Head of Program, Country Protection Coordinator and Research Specialist to integrate MEAL findings into organizational advocacy and to develop advocacy products.
Roles and responsibilities of DRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
Implementation of MEAL Strategy
- Lead on the development and revision of the BPRM-specific MEAL strategy and work plan and associated methodologies and tools.
- Collaborate with the MEAL Manager and protection team to develop appropriate monitoring tools, tracking and reporting systems and reporting templates to regularly track, record and feedback all project outputs and outcomes as well as program quality.
- Collaborate with DRC’s BPRM implementing team to integrate learning and recommendations from MEAL findings into programming.
- Develop and refine sampling and data-collection tools using both quantitative and qualitative methods, including baseline/end line surveys and sector-specific minimum standard checklists.
Data Management, Analysis, and Reporting
- Review, clean and analyize data from MEAL collection activities to identifiy trends or issues and to support implementing teams in desiging recommendations and programmatic adaptations.
- Collaborate with the protection team to ensure appropriate data management protocols are in place and complied with.
- Contribute data and MEAL findings to internal and external reports.
- Work with the project team to ensure appropriate accountability and feedback mechanisms are established, functional and in compliance with Core Humanitarian Standards in all project locations.
Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Minimum 4 years of MEAL experience within the humanitarian field
- Demonstrated knowledge of design and analysis of qualitative and quantitative research methods required
- Capacity to think critically and produce high-quality reports and analysis required
- Good level of proficiency in Word, PPT, Windows Excel required; SPSS, STATA and NVivo or other software an asset
- Strong inter-personal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to meet deadlines and high degree of autonomy in his / her work required
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Effective Communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Social Work, Development studies
- Excellent verbal and written English.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 13th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.