IRC Uganda Jobs 2021 – Fresher Protection Officer
Job Title: Protection Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Protection Officer
Directly Supervises: Community based volunteers
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community-based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. IRC has a country office in Kampala, and field offices in Moroto, Kiryandongo, Kyaka II, Yumbe and Imvepi.
The Protection Officer in line with prevention and response approaches will be responsible for the day to day direct delivery of Protection and Rule of Law activities. She\he will provide; supervision and support to Community based volunteers, lead protection monitoring exercises, be responsible for the development and implementation of relevant communication with community activities, coordinate the community engagement through leadership structures, lead case management process for extremely vulnerable individuals, ensure the functioning of Information Support Centers (ISCs) represent the organization at zonal and village level coordination meetings, ensure regular data on all activities and reports are available. They will work closely with Legal Officers, identifying areas for collaboration and sharing of resources in achieving the objectives of the sector. On a rotational basis, they will assume leadership role building their supervision and management skills, deputizing for the Senior Protection Officer as appropriate, undertaking tasks appropriately delegated following consultation with the Protection Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and conduct protection monitoring exercises, organizing FDGs, KIIs and providing data from ISCs for analysis.
- Ensure Information and Support Centers are fully functional – with all the resources and staffing required to provide a safe and effective service to community members.
- Ensure service mapping is up to date, referral pathways established and follow up of cases, concerns and issues are conducted by Assistants and volunteers.
- Provide case management support for extremely vulnerable individuals (EVIs), ensuring tools provided are used and process and procedures complied with by Assistants and Volunteers.
- Oversee PSN needs assessment exercises and ensure SOP and other related procedures are followed in the provision of targeted assistance support and home visits.
- Have in place a clear system for the collection and storing of data on all activities.
- Ensure efficient and regular use of CommCare application.
- Work closely with the Legal Officers to ensure linkages and referrals are done in a safe, effective and timely manner.
- Work closely with colleagues in health and WPE teams, OPM and UNHCR to provide a comprehensive support to Person of Concern.
- Provide weekly reports, data and work plans covering area of operation in a timely manner for review by the Senior Protection Officer.
- Ensure at zonal level that a system is in place for the collection and storing of data in line with principles of confidentiality.
- Participate in Zonal Coordination meetings involving UNHCR, OPM and all other partners.
- Organize training and mentoring sessions for community leadership structures; Refugee welfare committees, Neighborhood watch committees, Women executives and Youth executives established at village and Zone level to effectively carry out their functions.
- Lead the development and implementation of peaceful co-existence activities, working with both the refugee and host population.
- Ensure the proper functioning of youth recreational centers and implementation of activities with youth that result in protection outcomes.
- Map capacity and resources of refugee communities, supporting them in implementing community-based protection activities\projects.
- Develop strategies for communicating with communities, working with BBTT teams and Community based volunteers in developing messages and planning information sessions.
- Liaise with partners to receive and follow up on messaging needs and ensure quality and relevance of messaging.
- Complete Purchase requests as part of procurement process.
- Deputize as appropriate for the Senior Protection Officer when required.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Educated at degree level in the humanities or other relevant field.
- At least two years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international organization.
- Demonstrable knowledge of protection issues and knowledge of refugee context.
- Strong supervisory and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Comfortable using information technology (Computers, Smartphones and Tablets) and MS Office Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in English (written and verbal)
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 8th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.