Job Title: 7 BDS Field Trainers – AFALU Jobs 2021
Organization: Association of Fishers and Lake Users of Uganda (AFALU)
Duty Station: Buikwe, Jinja, Bugiri, Mayuge, Namayingo, Busia and Buvuma, preferably residing within the preferred district.
Reports to: The Project Coordinator / Programme Officer
Duration: Fourteen months
Association of Fishers and Lake Users of Uganda (AFALU) Profile
Association of Fishers and Lake Users of Uganda (AFALU) is a non-government Civil Society Organization established in 2004. It is an umbrella organization for the fishers, fish traders, fish input dealers and small fishing organizations in Uganda. AFALU operates on all lakes in Uganda with over 5,000 registered members. The focus is on promoting sustainable fishing, social economic development for all fishers and promoting access to health care services.
AFALU with funding from Germany Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development(BMZ) through GIZ Responsible Fisheries Business Chains Project (RFBCP) is implementing the Business Development Services (BDS) trainings in seven districts, namely: Buikwe, Jinja, Bugiri, Mayuge, Namayingo, Busia and Buvuma. The BDS intervention is aimed at addressing the needs of SMEs in the Nile perch fisheries sub sector through training in Enterprise development, financial management, fish handling and preservation plus responsible fisheries AFALU seeks to recruit seven field trainers to support the implementation of the BDS project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed training plan, conduct training, evaluate, and follow up of trainees.
- Develop detailed weekly and monthly activity work plan and manage the implementation of the project activities at the selected landing site(s).
- Maintain contact with AFALU staff, beneficiaries, and monitor businesses progress among beneficiaries.
- Develop monthly program performance reports and submit them to the project coordinator or programme officer in time.
- Documentation of success stories, challenges, lessons learnt during project implementation.
- Timely requisition of funds for trainees’ allowances and materials for the training.
- Pay trainees’ allowances, keep track and clear records of accountability on use of funds and other materials.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the project coordinator or programme officer.
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Adult and Community Education, Development Studies, Education, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Business Administration, or any equivalent by professional experience.
- Strong experience in facilitation and training with a minimum of two years experience in the design and direct delivery of training sessions especially in rural communities.
- Experience in and ability to evaluate training programs and coherently match the training outcomes with the training objectives.
Skills and Competencies
- Good interpersonal skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Skills in handling, mentoring and coaching adult learners.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated interest in rural development. Proficient in basic computer skills: MS Word processing, Excel and Power point.
- Ability to communicate in the local language of that area e.g. Luganda or Lusoga or Samia.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle is an added advantage.
How To Apply for AFALU Jobs 2021
Interested and qualified persons should send/deliver their applications with the CVs and academic qualifications to: AFALU. Plot 842. on Bahai road Kanyanya opposite Nyangi gardens. Online applications to be sent to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Address the application to the CEO of AFALU indicating the preferred district. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10th September 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.