Job Title: Enrolled Midwife – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
Reports to: Registered Midwife in charge
Requisition ID: req19815
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst Humanitarian Crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving and life changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals, refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender based violence, economic recovery, agribusiness, children and youth. http://www.rescue.org/country/Uganda. IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Kitgum, Adjumani, Kiryandongo and Moroto. Given the recent conflict outbreak in South Sudan, IRC re-opened the Yumbe Field site office to support refugees being settled in Bidibidi refugee settlement in Yumbe District Imvepi refugee settlement in Arua District. As more refugees continued to arrive Imvepi got filled up, the government opened up Omugo – Rhino extension in Rhino Settlement with an estimated population of 43,000 to be settled across six sections of the settlement.
The enrolled midwife will be based in Yumbe and shall be responsible for providing health education talks to women and their partners in the reproductive health facility and in the community. She will provide Antenatal, delivery, post partum, post natal care, family planning services and shall maintained environment friendly working space hence adhering to infection control and prevention practices. She will provide HIV/AIDS services including but not limited to counseling, eMTCT, EID and HAART services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assess for reproductive health needs of adolescent girls and women of reproductive age group
- Provide counseling and health education before and after screening
- Provide the full antenatal care package including screening tests at the facility and during community outreaches
- identifying high risk pregnancies and organizing appropriate referrals
- Provide basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care, adolescent sexual and reproductive services including prevention and treatment of HIV and other STIs
- Provide information and linkage to elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV services
- Provide care during labour and puerperium with emphasis on prevention of infection and ensuring successful breastfeeding
- Participate in clinician ward rounds and provide bedside nursing care for admitted mothers
- Provide post-natal care services for mother and baby including immunization, growth monitoring, support for breast feeding and family planning
- Provide clinical care for survivors of Sexual and Gender based violence
- Prepare daily, monthly activity reports and audits for the different reproductive health services
- Adhere to the professional code of conduct and ethics
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Must have enrolled midwifery certificate or equivalent
- Must be registered with the Nurses and Midwives council
- Relevant work experience of two years is essential.
- Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 8th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.