Job Title: Finance Officer – Mott MacDonald Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mott MacDonald
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mott MacDonald Profile
Mott MacDonald is a leading, employee-owned global management, engineering and development consultancy with £1 billion revenue and more than 14,000 staff working in 140 countries for both the public and private sectors. Our International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates portfolios within the international development sectors of Environment, Climate, Water, Roads, Rural & Urban Development, Education, Health, Social and Economic Development in over 40 countries.
The Finance Officer will be overall responsible for: Providing support to the Senior Finance Officer/Programme Manager in recording and retrieving financial details of the company, including maintaining financial records, processing payments, cash handling and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities
Project Monitoring & Reporting
- Assist the Senior Finance to ensure project performance monitoring mechanisms provide timely and accurate data, allowing output-based reporting and payment linked to milestones.
- Assist the SFO to ensure good quality donor financial reports that adequately meet their reporting requirements.
- Assist to ensure orders and invoices are within budget before processing payments.
- Assist the SFO with preparation of donor and any other Adhoc reports by 5th of every month
- Assist the SFO with the preparation of WIP schedules/IET invoices by 5th of every month
- Assist the SFO to ensure timely, accurate, and appropriate information is available to the programme management team.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the line manager.
- Assist the SFO to ensuring that there are clear controls to mitigate any risks around cash
- Assist the SFO to ensure accuracy of Mobile money transactions, proper accountability/documentation to enable processing.
- Responsible for petty cash management and ensuring regular reconciliation of cash balance for review. Accountable for cash count and reporting on cash count exercise to the management.
- Compile Weekly/monthly cash reports to the SFO/Project manager every Tuesday/7th of the following month for consolidation
- Responsible for accuracy of site returns from both the regions as well as the project office in Kampala.
- Ensure records are available for regular checking and are up to date on a weekly basis by the project manager/SFO.
- Ensure timely payment and disbursement of cash payments e.g., per diems, fuel etc.
- To produce reconciliation of payment and supporting document for appropriate retirement.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly cash flow forecast statements by the 7th of the following month to the project manager/SFO.
- Assist the SFO to produce weekly/monthly expenditure reconciliations of programme expenditure and draft invoices for the clients as well as maintaining up to date billing control sheets to the programme manager/finance manager every Monday/7th of the following month.
- Working closely with the Procurement team, follow procedures to ensure financial probity and value for money in the procurement, use and maintenance of physical assets and the purchase and use of services.
- Checking and ensuring that all payment vouchers meet the minimum audit requirement by checking for approvals and necessary supporting documentations.
- Assist the SFO to prepare accurate, weekly payment lists and send to the finance manager every Monday for consolidation
- Assist the SFO in the preparation and the subsequent activities for external e.g., client, and internal audits, as and when required
- Operationalise the Mott MacDonald Business Management Systems (BMS) procedures, including health, safety and security as required by Cambridge Education/Mott MacDonald for the project.
- Contribute as required to programme reporting related to the areas above.
- Promote healthy work ethics, good governance and anti-corruption behaviour.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Programme Manager/SFO Manager.
- The ideal candidate should hold a degree level qualification
- Experience in managing the finances of complex programmes
- Understanding the concepts of due diligence, value for money and ethics and transparency
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A good communicator with strong relationship building skills, reliable and a team player
- Demonstrable ability to deliver to deadlines
- Pro-activity to raise issues with management and resolve identified problems
- Ability to undertake periodic travel to provincial/district offices (if required). Qualifications
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with an ERP would be beneficial.
- Experience in working with donor funded projects/programmes would be an advantage
How To Apply for Mott MacDonald Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.