Job Title: Laboratory Technician – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
Reports to: Medical officer
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst Humanitarian Crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving and life changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals, refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender based violence, economic recovery, agribusiness, children and youth. http://www.rescue.org/country/Uganda. IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Kitgum, Adjumani, Kiryandongo and Moroto. Given the recent conflict outbreak in South Sudan, IRC re-opened the Yumbe Field site office to support refugees being settled in Bidibidi refugee settlement in Yumbe District Imvepi refugee settlement in Arua District. As more refugees continued to arrive Imvepi got filled up, the government opened up Omugo – Rhino extension in Rhino Settlement with an estimated population of 43,000 to be settled across six sections of the settlement.
Under the supervision of The Medical Officer, the Laboratory technician will ensure laboratory services of all sites, are well planned for, provided with necessary resources and implemented in accordance with set policies and standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out phlebotomy
- Keep accurate records of tests
- Carry out laboratory tests and produce uncompromised results
- Participate in development and implementation of laboratory standard of procedures (SOPs
- Participate in Report writing by compiling reports on tests carried out at the clinic site
- Receive, collect, transport, process and analyse lab experiments
- Carry out quality control of lab reagents and equipments
- Assist in drawing-up lab plans and budgets
- Mentor the laboratory assistant, and any other trainee
- Attend monthly Lab meetings and any other meetings that may arise
- Monitor expenditure against budgets and ensure adherence
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organisation.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Holds a diploma in Laboratory technology from a reputable institution with at least two years’ experience preferably in a humanitarian setting.
- Must be registered with the Allied health professional council and have a valid practicing license.
- At least two (2) years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international Organization, implementing PHC services in a humanitarian setting.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.