Job Title: 3 Technical Officers (Community Systems Strengthening and other prevention) – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Mbale, Pallisa Kapchorwa
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
To strengthen community systems to yield high HIV case finding, linkages and community-based support for retention in HIV care and prevention. They will supervise and implement capacity building operations of the community component of the program in line with Baylor Uganda’s program objectives and donor requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop annual and quarterly Cluster work plans and budgets for implementation of community health activities and monitor integration of community-facility framework activities in the health facility sub-grant work plans and budgets, in line with Baylor-Uganda Financial Guidelines and regional Community Plan
- Support and develop the capacity of CBO’s, PLHIV forums and District Health teams to implement the community facility framework and ensure that HF-CBO interface meetings are held on a monthly basis.
- Support the CSOs/CBOs to implement HIV/AIDS/TB results-based financing programs and monitor progress in line with agreed upon targets and indicators – ensure all structures are working, activities are implemented and all documentation is updated in time; resolve all issues in the CSOs before verification; Use of tools and provide onsite assistance on how to fill forms,
- Strengthen the capacity of the districts team and Community Structures to provide comprehensive HIV/AIDS services for Key populations and other high HIV risk populations.
- Ensure timely reporting and submission of all implementation activity reports of the district on key project performance indicators to key stakeholders including the District, Cluster Manager and CSS Coordinator
- In collaboration with the health facilities and CSOs, develop and monitor implementation of strategies to track clients who miss appointments and those who are lost-to-follow-up (LTFU) and strengthen existing patient tracking CFF mechanisms in order to improve retention of clients in HIV/TB care in all facilities.
- In collaboration with the care and treatment team, support the HFs and CBOs to increase uptake of Community Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) approaches, including CCLAD and CDDP, among patients in HIV and TB care
- Work with the Community M&E Officer to ensure timely tracking and reporting of key performance indicators.
- Carry out research and present psychosocial HIV prevention, care and support oriented researched /best practices in CMEs, conferences and other medical related forums in line with Baylor-Uganda research and National prevention strategy
- In collaboration with the KP technical officers, ensure that CSOs serving Key Populations maintain an updated line list of KPs on ART and PrEP; and support CSO activities aimed at bringing lost KPs back to care.
- A University degree in humanities (Development Studies, Community Psychology, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration). A Master’s degree in Public Health is an added advantage. Additional training in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage. Five years’ experience in planning and managing public health programs specifically HIV/AIDS programs. Experience in managing USG grants is an added advantage. Financial management and budget experience in a donor funded Non-government organization is preferred. Demonstrated ability to work with various partners including MoH, Local governments, CBOs and other NGOs.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.