Job Title: 3 Technical Officers (VMMC Community Health Educator) – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Mbale,Pallisa, Kapchorwa
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
The VMMC Health Educator is responsible for assessing the clinical problems of clients and carry out circumcisions. He/ She will also support VMMC related training and will provide technical camp leadership for VMMC service provision, quality assurance, and quality improvement for better clinical outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with district VMMC teams and the follow up nurse and CO (TBD) at static sites.
- Support the district and community structures to sensitize communities.
- Support district VMMC counsellors (at your static sites) to provide appropriate health education, counselling and VMMC /HIV Prevention messaging.
- Provide appropriate IEC materials and messages for VMMC counsellors and clients
- Support the district and community structures to mobilize eligible clients with particular focus on the priority age group (15-29 years) for VMMC
- Support district VMMC counsellors in counselling clients before the VMMC procedures.
- Identify training needs of district staff and coordinate VMMC related trainings with the capacity building team.
- Support timely follow up of clients following VMMC as per standards
- support the site VMMC Teams, follow up staff and community structures to track clients who miss appointments and report adverse events.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or equivalent. Must be registered with the Allied Health professionals’ Council. At least 3 years’ experience in providing VMMC services. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to ride a motorcycle is an added advantage.Must be willing to work in rural settings
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.