Job Title: Technical Officer (Lab services) – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Mbale, Kapchorwa
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Review and monitor the implementation of guidelines for providing laboratory services in the cluster districts in line with current laboratory professional standards and with Baylor Uganda’s mission.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of strategies to strengthen specimen referral systems (for CD4, DBS, sputum, serology and chemistry samples) from health facilities to testing laboratories in the region, and dispatch of test results within realistic Turn around Times (TATs) in line with the Baylor Uganda laboratory mission.
- Implementation of MoH Quality Improvement Programs in laboratories in the cluster, and development of appropriate interventions to bridge the identified gaps in line with MOH Laboratory Quality Improvement Program guidelines.
- Implementation of cluster periodic work plans, procurement plan and budgets for providing laboratory services and as well the integration of key laboratory activities in the health facility plans and budgets in line with MoH laboratory objectives and Baylor Financial Guidelines.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders, and advocate for coordinated and harmonized laboratory systems strengthening interventions in line with Baylor-Uganda laboratory mission.
- Provide technical support in developing cluster laboratory performance targets and monitor their implementation then prepare periodic laboratory performance reports to the cluster Manager, and other key stakeholders in line with the cluster laboratory work plan and Baylor reporting guidelines.
- Monitor stock management, proper forecasting and distribution of laboratory supplies, to strengthen laboratory logistics systems in the cluster in line with Baylor Uganda procurement guidelines and ‘current NMS order & delivery schedule.
- Implementation of MoH accreditation process in the cluster laboratories to enhance proper functioning of the laboratories in line with the WHO AFRO SLMTA accreditation standards.
- Monitor Biosafety and waste management practices in laboratories, and institute measures to enhance compliance to the MoH Biosafety and Health Care Waste management guidelines.
- Conduct periodic needs analysis of the cluster laboratories and implementation the laboratory capacity building plan (including retooling- equipment, workspace and HR) in the cluster in line with MOH and Baylor-Uganda capacity building guidelines.
- Carry out research and present research findings in CMEs, Case conferences and other medical related fora in line with Baylor Uganda and MOH research guidelines.
- Participating in guiding and advising in selection of referral Laboratories
- Degree in Biomedical Laboratory Science or other laboratory related degree course. 3 years’ of experience in Laboratory Health Programming. Have Key personal competences in customer care principles. Team Focused and observant, Networking and communication skills, Documentation, analytical skills and reporting skills Presentation and training skills proficient use of automated laboratory instrumentation. Should have knowledge in laboratory.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.