Job Title: M&E/Performance Metrics Coordinator – Educate Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
At Educate!, we are redefining the concept of post-primary education. Today, we operate in Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya designing and delivering solutions that equip young people with the skills to attain further education, overcome gender inequities, start businesses, get jobs, and drive development in their communities.
Educate!, an award winning non-profit social enterprise is seeking a self-driven M&E/Performance Metrics Coordinator to join our ambitious and cross functional Performance Metrics team. We are seeking an enthusiastic person to help drive the collection, analysis, and use of data that summarizes program performance.
Educate! lives a culture of data-driven decision-making through best-in-class program performance management and iterative program design based on learning and experimentation. The M&E Coordinator will be at the heart of ensuring high standards and quality around performance monitoring with the aim to promote successful learning across the organization.
The right person for this opportunity is excited about working with data, is a master coordinator and exceptional project manager, is passionate about our mission of creating leaders and entrepreneurs in Africa, and is committed to being part of a high performing team!
Sound like you or someone you know? Apply at this link.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Data Collection / Coordination: 30%
- Create and revise data collection tools: Ensure that the performance metrics data is collected for the monitoring system using paper tools and various digital platforms in a timely and harmonious manner, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
- Create and revise data collection and processing procedures
- Design, facilitate and coordinate recommended capacity building initiatives, such as training on monitoring tools and data collection procedures for relevant staff, in order to ensure quality data collection.
- Oversee and coordinate all M&E printing and procurement to ensure timely delivery of high quality of M&E data collection materials
Data Reporting: 30%
- Ensure accurate compilation and timely publication of reports, including mid-program and end-of-program Monitoring Reports
- Maintain and update live and non-live implementation dashboards, ensuring accuracy of data, troubleshooting any issues that arise
- Present analysis and interpretation of reports to relevant stakeholders based on agreed reporting frequency
Performance Metrics System Management: 20%
- Manage an up-to-date system for (a) programs logistics, (b) program outputs and outcomes monitoring through the SMS and smartphone reporting,
- Ensuring documentation surrounding the performance metrics/monitoring system is complete and current
- Manage automated data pipeline, ensuring that all steps form data collection, cleaning, storage, and reporting are proceeding as designed. Resolve issues as they arise.
- Assist with database set up and management
- Maintain and operate data quality assurance systems to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all program data; identify any deficiencies and suggest corrective actions.
Research support and data analysis: 20%
- Support the Evaluation Function to oversee execution of research and evaluation activities, including data collection, enumerator supervision, data cleaning, data quality checks, etc.
- Conduct deeper analyses of performance metrics and monitoring data, as needed and requested by Programs and Design teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or similar and 2 – 3 years of experience in M&E with an Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) at coordinator level, with at least 1 year coordinating or planning field-based data collection activities.
- Demonstrated strong research, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Experience working with USSD, SMS, or WhatsApp-based data collection platforms (SMS based management) such as Telerivet, Echomobile, Textit, SurveyCTO, RapidPro, Mteja, etc.
- Tech savvy, willing and able to learn Educate!’s preferred data collection technologies
- High level of computer literacy: Ms Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills, including experience with data visualization software, including Tableau, Qlick, Google Data Studio, and/or ReDash .
- Engaging and interactive trainer with passion for coaching team members, with experience in training and capacity building.
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Attractive Benefits & Perks including Medical Insurance
- Location is Kampala, Uganda
How To Apply for Educate Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.