IRC Uganda Jobs 2021 – Fresher Study Coordinator
Job Title: Study Coordinator – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
Reports to: Medical officer
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development – bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua, Kasese and Kampala. The IRC will be moving into additional/new locations in refugee settlements in Kiryandongo and Zombo.
The IRC is currently implementing its health and nutrition program in West Nile and Acholi focusing on providing primary health care services to refugees in their settlements. Similar services will be extended to the new locations starting January 2020.
The study coordinator will supervise the implementation and document women’s experiences with abortion in humanitarian settings in Bidibidi refugee settlement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete an on-line research ethics course.
- Maintain regular lines of communication via email, Zoom, and phone with the larger research team.
- Assist with seeking approval of local community leadership, including the county, sub county administrators and other leaders such as Chiefs/Assistant Chiefs and Village Elders.
- Assist with the selection of data collectors and other study staff.
- Review and provide input on the study’s training manuals.
- Co-facilitate the training of the field interviewers, and data collectors with the study Investigators.
- Ensure that procedures related to obtaining informed consent and collecting data are implemented as described the study protocol and adheres to ethical principles; report any inconsistencies in adherence to the international study team.
- Conduct or oversee daily field data quality control procedures, such as reviewing questionnaires and interviews for completeness and consistency.
- Ensure that all study personnel maintain the highest level of confidentiality to protect study participants.
- Ensure that all financial records are properly kept and reported to the implementation partners in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree a plus, but preference will be given to qualified applicants residing within Bidibidi refugee settlement.
- Experience with sexual and reproductive health data collection; experience with collecting data on abortion care preferred.
- Public or community health background preferred.
- Experience managing, implementing, or working on research projects.
- Experience with qualitative research methods, including collecting data through interviews and facilitating meetings or focus group discussions.
- Experience supervising other staff.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and mobilization.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to work on the sometimes sensitive and stigmatized topic of abortion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in at least two of the following languages: Arabic, Kakwa, and Aringa.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 16th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.