Job Title: HR & Admin. Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Lamwo, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst Humanitarian Crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving and life changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals, refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender based violence, economic recovery, agribusiness, children and youth. http://www.rescue.org/country/Uganda. IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Kitgum, Adjumani, Kiryandongo and Moroto. Given the recent conflict outbreak in South Sudan, IRC re-opened the Yumbe Field site office to support refugees being settled in Bidibidi refugee settlement in Yumbe District Imvepi refugee settlement in Arua District. As more refugees continued to arrive Imvepi got filled up, the government opened up Omugo – Rhino extension in Rhino Settlement with an estimated population of 43,000 to be settled across six sections of the settlement.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, the HR & Admin. Officer supports the affairs related to the day to day running of the IRC Lamwo Office and supporting the country Office and is the focal person providing key support on all HR functions. The Human Resource Officer will assist in the human resources activities including recruitment and orientation, personnel files, staff benefits and insurance schemes and payroll.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and On-boarding
- Initiate and coordinate the recruitment requests and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the policy.
- Prepare and post job advertisements for vacant positions in appropriate channels and ensure wide and appropriate distribution, this includes e-filing of application and sending out HR communications.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Maintain an organized recruitment resource database and weekly update the recruitment status report and send it to all managers on a weekly basis.
- Organize interviews and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the IRC policy.
- Liaise with hiring managers to ensure new staff are oriented upon hire at the IRC Lamwo office. Includes providing pre-assignment information, orienting employee to the IRC Way in the office.
- Preparing and track offer letters and employment contracts.
- Prepare CoS (Change of Status) forms as required and draft /track Staff Contracts, termination forms/notifications.
- Ensure internal equity is maintained for staff compensation and benefits and advice programs leads accordingly.
- Ensure staff understands their benefits package and lead an effective administration of the benefits.
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records of all employees including orderly archiving.
- Ensure the IRC way violations are captured, reported, and followed through on a monthly basis.
- Support the management of IRC Uganda’s HRIS system for the Lamwo section and ensuring that it is accurate and maintained up to date.
- Support the maintenance of talent acquisition and management processes in Cornerstone and the HRIS as assigned, to ensure 100% data integrity.
- Act as a point of contact for Cornerstone enquiries
- Capacity building employees & management, in the use of Cornerstone and the HRIS.
- Support Payroll process for staff, as required.
- Coordinate timely performance appraisals and maintain an updated PME database for Lamwo staff.
- Ensure that performance evaluations for staff are conducted on time and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency.
- Collate training needs from the PME and ensure that they are captured in the Annual learning and development plan.
Health Insurance management
- Coordinate the national staff health insurance scheme ensuring timely and accurate reports from the service provider.
- Ensure staff and eligible dependents are registered on to the medical insurance scheme, monitor staff medical coverage and ensure that the scheme is functioning well.
- Liaise with the health service provider to resolve any issues with the services.
- Follow up on all medical insurance matters for staff including adding and deleting staff to/from the employer’s liability and the medical and hospitalization insurance policy schemes as well as follow up on payments and claims.
- Process and track termination paperwork for Lamwo staff including preparation of termination notice letters in relation to closing grants and restructuring.
- Work closely with supervisors to ensure exit interviews are offered to all staff and data is captured in the online exit survey to ensure a learning and reflective culture.
- Ensure that staff are removed from the Health Insurance scheme and GPA schemes accordingly.
- Develop and maintain reports to update and finalize terminal benefits.
- Perform other duties as needed or requested.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or any other related course.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in human resources.
- Strong knowledge and experience of HRISs, and supporting others to use HRIS.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of managing a payroll, preferably for more than 300 employees.
- Previous experience working with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR sector.
- Previous experience in using ProMISe HRMIS is an advantage.
- Strong experience in a human resource support role.
- Ability to analyze and interpret numerical data and processes.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality of HR information.
- Ability to use judgement to determine when to deal with a query to conclusion or when to pass to another member of the team.
- Organized and methodical and with good attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to work within a multi-site, international organization.
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work towards a resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to coach and support others.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.