Job Title: Fraud Risk Analyst – Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
Organization: Wave Mobile Money
Duty Station: Uganda
Wave Mobile Money Profile:
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we’re enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
We’re looking for a Field Operations Auditor who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for assessing our agent network on an ongoing basis and identify weaknesses in order to provide Wave with relevant data likely to help improve our service quality and improve our agent network reliability.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Travel and visit on a regular basis assigned wave agents.
- Remain discreet while posing as a regular customer and observe.
- Interact with wave agents in person to gauge customer service.
- Inspect discreetly the store’s environment to detect possible concerns and areas for improvement.
- Perform transactions as a regular customer and ask specific questions to assess service quality and compliance.
- Making observations about the agents’ behavior and answers
- Fill out a questionnaire and write a brief report detailing the experience after each wave agent visit.
- Follow up field activation and promotion activities and gather data as per provided template
- Investigate field team’s adherence to process and policies through random calls and field visits
- Disclose competing interests, including dislike of particular wave points.
- Other internal audit admin tasks as may be assigned from time to time
- Fluency in English and other local languages of the region.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good written communication.
- Great attention to detail.
- Outstanding memorization abilities.
- Well organized and flexible.
- Ability to conduct duties discreetly and impartially.
- Driver Licence
- Authorization to work in Uganda.
- Located in Uganda
You might be a good fit if you
- Have worked in the field – either in selling, communication or distribution.
- Result-oriented, with an engaging personality and a good a good ability to build trust.
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Adjust quickly to changing conditions and any environment.
- Great at data gathering, reporting and analytics to draw insightful conclusions
- Have at least 2 years experience in assessing service quality or conducting surveys/data collection
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote D’Ivoire and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How To Apply for Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
All candidates should fill out the online form, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role at the link below. We review applications on a rolling basis.
NB: Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.