Job Title: Driver – Malteser International Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Malteser International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Malteser International Uganda Profile:
Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International has been implementing projects in Uganda for over two decades focussing mainly on health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, livelihood and environment.
In this position you will be responsible for driving and maintaining Malteser International (MI) fleet in accordance with MI regulations and policies in order to support the program implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Pay respect to the Ugandan traffic law while driving MI vehicles, respect MI security rules and follow the line manager’s instructions
- Carry out office out-door messenger related duties
- Keep all personal documents as well as those of the vehicle with you, check their validity and fill in the log book every day according to MI procedures
Ensure the maintenance of the vehicle with respect to MI vehicle management
- Carry out daily checks before starting up the vehicle (oil level; water level; pressure of the tires etc.)
- Make sure that the security tool box and first aid kit are complete and on board
- When needed, wash the car, solve minor technical problems, contact the line manager when service is necessary and inform the logistics department
- Record all the maintenance done in the log book of each vehicle
Ensure the respect of the departure and arrival time of your movement
- Inspect and prepare the vehicle in time and prepare additional equipment to be brought along according to the needs (fuel, stickers, flags, tools, medical kit).
- Guarantee the good loading and unloading of the car and goods in an appropriate way and ensure that non-MI staff sign a Waiver of Liability form.
- Ensure that you know the area map, especially MI staff houses, INGOs offices and relevant partners’ offices.
- Minimum Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE)
- Valid driving permit with a minimum of group B, group DL or E will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of the English language
- At least two years’ experience as a driver with an INGO
- Defensive driving is an added advantage
- Basic computer knowledge in MS Office applications i.e. Excel and Word
- Knowledge of simple mechanical repairs
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Duration of contract: 12 months
- Kindly note that this a national position with a local contract
How To Apply for Malteser International Uganda Jobs 2021:
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.