Job Title: Warehouse Intern – Sokowatch Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Warehouse Manager
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Tanzania,Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Sokowatch is searching for a stellar warehouse Intern to be based in Kampala, Uganda. Your role is to help in daily warehousing activities as allocated by the Branch Warehouse Manager. These roles range from, stock issuance, transfers, offloading and reconciliation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Stock Loading-Allocate tuk-tuks in loading zones in a manner that eases issuance and ensures transparency.
- Stock issuance is done against Delivery notebook and no excess or less stock issued, guide agents on best practices for stock arrangement in their tuk-tuk
- Stock Transfers-Present all Delivery Notes for system transfer, do system stock transfer against Delivery note, verify transfers against variance page.
- Ensure all replenishment done after morning loading is reflected in the system transfer.
- Stock Cash Reconciliation-Assist agent to well understands requirements for a successful reconciliation.
- Confirm on agents reported counts, carryout daily Agent stock reconciliation, Carryout daily agent cash reconciliation, Follow up with agent to know the cause of excess or short.
- Take part in offloading whenever required, receive products against delivery note, report any excess, less or damaged delivered stock to warehouse manager.
- Ensure all deliveries are stored in respective warehouses in an organised manner
- Stock Taking-Carryout weekly physical stock take as required by the warehouse manager.
- Ensure counts are accurate and in selling units, file the reported counts for reference.
- Assist in tuk-tuk stock take whenever required.
- Help in data entry, attention to detail, integrity, work ethic, willingness to learn, capacity to thrive in a high-pressure environment, time-keeping.
- Fresh graduate with a degree in Supply chain/ Statistics/ Actuarial science.
- Highly organized and able to store items efficiently
- Pays attention to details and monitors the quality of inventory
- Able to work independently
- Able to multitask
How To Apply for Sokowatch Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.