Job Title: Storekeeper – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Koboko, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Uganda with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
To support EDP management standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities in assigned Settlement EDP.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Responsible for timely and accurate posting of all transactions within WFP cooperate Logistics management system (LESS).
- Timely creation of STO’s as per programme FRN and ensures real-time closer of Inbound Deliveries documents.
- Monitor the delivery of Food Commodities and proper use of WFP documents and NFIs for all warehouse transactions as per WFP rules and regulations.
- Keeps an updated Inventory Management of WFP NFI’s & Warehouse Equipment to ensure proper accountability.
- Monitor food stocks, correct use of batch numbers by storekeepers and respond to queries regarding EDP food commodities.
- Report timely any abnormally encountered from/by transporters in the delivery of cargo from the EDPs and to final FDPs.
- Follow up spoilt food disposal authorizations, execution and ensure the documents are kept for audit purposes.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation of EDP stocks in the system records and physical documents.
- Conduct regular spot inspection of commodities under storage and report any anomaly through participating in physical stock counts with storekeepers and tally clerks.
- Institute loss mitigation measures, loss analysis and reporting through Performing daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation of stocks.
- Participate in training staff at EDPs on storage procedures and practices as well as supervise activities of Storekeepers, Tally clerks and casual laborers at the EDP.
- Generate and share EDP daily transactions reports on stock status and prepositioning status.
- Plan and deploy manpower and trucks based on EDP daily activity caseload.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor /HOFO or her/ his designate.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Transport, Supplies Management, Business Administration, Procurement, Stores management or other related field from a recognized university.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in logistics in fast paced environment is desirable. This includes maintaining a logistics database; running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, inventory management, service provider contracts administration and execution; compilation of contract documentation and budget monitoring & reporting etc.
Fluency in English is a must. Proficiency in the local dialects of Kakwa, Lugbara, Aringa, Alur Madi, Luo, Acholi is an added advantage.
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 18th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.