Job Title: Procurement Officer – Aga Khan University Jobs 2021
Organization: Aga Khan University (AKU)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: The Assistant Manager, Procurement
Aga Khan University (AKU) Profile:
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents (www.aku.edu). An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries, and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact, and access.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of short and medium-term plans for the Construction procurement function, will assist to oversee the operations of the functional area through a team, will review and resolve policy issues of the multiple areas within the division / Department and support in the decision making subject to broad practices and procedures, will be responsible for contract management (Tendering process to the award of the contract) for construction and other projects, will also be responsible for all indirect procurement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting in the development of short and medium plans for the department/division and participate in the strategic planning of the University.
- Plan, coordinate and direct activities of a coordinated supply support system involved in the evaluation, acquisition, receiving, storage, and accounting of Construction suppliers, medical, surgical, and other suppliers and equipment.
- Supporting in the development and implement integrated methods and systems for improving operational efficiency and controlling inventory
- Provide support to Group Purchasing Programs of institutions of Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) worldwide.
- Support in the preparation of operating capital budgets, short, medium, and long-term plans.
- Develop strategies for standardization products and services across the campuses
- Ensure compliance with the quality management system of materials management division, local and international quality standards.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Supply Chain Management.
- Professional certification in Supply Chain Management.
- Experience in procurement in a health care and construction set would be an added advantage.
How To Apply for Aga Khan University Jobs 2021
All Interested candidates are invited to email their application, curriculum vitae, names of three referees, and copies of certificates & testimonials to email@example.com
Deadline: 17th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.