Job Title: HR & Admin. Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kyegegwa, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst Humanitarian Crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving and life changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals, refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender based violence, economic recovery, agribusiness, children and youth. http://www.rescue.org/country/Uganda. IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Kitgum, Adjumani, Kiryandongo and Moroto. Given the recent conflict outbreak in South Sudan, IRC re-opened the Yumbe Field site office to support refugees being settled in Bidibidi refugee settlement in Yumbe District Imvepi refugee settlement in Arua District. As more refugees continued to arrive Imvepi got filled up, the government opened up Omugo – Rhino extension in Rhino Settlement with an estimated population of 43,000 to be settled across six sections of the settlement.
Reporting to the Field Coordinator, the HR & Admin. Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions, and general office management of the IRC Kyaka Office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist generally in the human resource/recruitment activities for the national employees (job adverts, interviews, contracts, and personnel files) for the IRC in Kyaka.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Draft and track of Staff Contracts/COS.
- Prepare the IRC staff list monthly in liaison.
- Submit and track medical forms for the newly recruitment staff Kyaka Office.
- Provide support to staff, follow up and report any issues staff are facing with the medical service providers.
- Maintain employee’s database for employee leave, employee performance evaluation and staff training tracking sheets.
- Prepare exit evaluation grid, collate results, and provide copies to relevant managers.
- Prepare monthly HR reports for Kyaka.
- Maintain the leavers and departure trackers monthly.
- Prepare monthly payroll information for staff and forward to the Country HR Lead for payroll processing in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update the timesheet tracking database for national staff in Kyaka and file all timesheets appropriately.
- Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, prepare monthly cash projections for the Human Resources/Admin Department
- Ensures OADF forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- Assist to monitor staff movement to/from the field, to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staff.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other related course.
- At least 2 years of work experience in performing similar duties.
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 10th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.