Job Title: Logistics Technical Assistant – NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kampala
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
The purpose of the Procurement Technical Assistant to provide necessary support in different procurement process including coordination with all concerned departments for completing procurement, preparation of bid solicitation documents, processing of payments, pre-qualification of vendors, framework agreements etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize all Procurement process and ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, guidelines and donor regulations.
- Provide suport in preparation of solicitation documents by making photocopies, scanning of documents and gathering of quotations from the market as per supervisor’s instruction;
- Assisting Procurement Team in bid opening process and preparation of files with labeling for bid evaluation meetings;
- Make sure that Procurement files are maintained as per NRC procedure;
- Receive and handle all authorized supply requests for items to be procured, and carry out procurement processes under the supervision of Logistics Manager as per NRC procedures.
- Support requesting department in raising Purchase Requisitions (PRs) by making sure that the PRs are raised as per approved procedure and authorization table, before receiving them for further procurement process;
- Coordinate with the supplier and NRC Warehouse staff on delivery of items. Follow up on Goods Received Note (GRN), Way Bills, Completion certificates and Invoices after delivery;
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems of NRC;
- In case of partial delivery of goods, ensure that back orders are followed up and finalised in the shortest possible time.
- Identifies possible delays in ordering and makes sure all issues are flagged with the line manager to ensure appropriate action can be taken.
- Plans and carries out price survey and market analysis of suppliers’ in co-ordination with Logistics Manager.
Minimum Qualifications for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply chain/Procurement/Logistics
- At least two years’ experience from working as a logistician in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good knowledge of logistics systems and forms
- Previous experience from working with an NGO in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strong sense of personal integrity and commitment
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
Only Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.