Job Title: Agent Openers – Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
Organization: Wave Mobile Money
Duty Station: Uganda
Wave Mobile Money Profile:
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we’re enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
We are looking for Temporary Agent Opener with sales and marketing skills able to have initiative and be strategic while paying attention to detail. For two months, you will participate in the growth of our network’s agents in the regions of Central and Eastern Uganda, region of Western Uganda and the region of Northern Uganda.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Be a key element in the implementation of Wave’s rapid growth strategy
- Use an interactive map and conduct proximity visits to identify and report on key areas
- Identify good potential agents by following a very detailed process
- Introduce Wave to merchants and multi-service managers and motivate them to become agents
- Open and train new agents according to a very detailed process
- Install Wave App on agent phones and train them so they can serve Wave’s customers efficiently
- Collaborate with product teams and our engineers to improve the agent onboarding experience
- At least one year of professional experience (preferably in mobile payments , insurance, banking)
- Be comfortable with computer tool
- Knowing how to use Google Maps
- Fluent in English and any other regional dialect
- Have a good smartphone (Androïd preferably) and be tech savvy
- Have assets to sell and convince
- The position concerns the regions of Central, Eastern, Western and Northern Uganda
- You have to be based in any of these regions as there will be no relocation
- Work authorization in Uganda required
- 2 months temporary contract, self renewable unless terminated
You might be a good fit if you
- You are excited to work in the field
- You are thorough and determined to achieve excellence in everything you do
- You are autonomous and proactive in achieving ambitious goals
- You are a clear and proactive communicator, able to carry put your tasks independently and with a sense of priorities
- You are intellectually curious, creative in the way you deal with problems and understand failure as a way to spur innovation and growth
How To Apply for Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
All candidates should fill out the online form, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role at the link below. We review applications on a rolling basis.
NB: Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.